Orange Fluff also called Orange Delight or “The Orange Stuff.” Made with Cool Whip, Mandarin Oranges, Jell-O and marshmallows!
A LIGHT AND FLUFFY DESSERT RECIPE
This dessert has a lot of different names that people call it. Orange Fluff, Orange Delight, Weight Watchers Dessert, or even ‘The Orange Stuff.’ It was something my mom made often when she was doing Weight Watchers. I don’t know the point value anymore for this because they keep changing it all the time. I also don’t actually adhere to a Weight Watchers diet so you’ll want to do your own checking on the points if you are. However, you don’t need to be on a diet to gobble this stuff up!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Don’t let the list of ingredients deter you. I know lots of folks gag at the thought of cottage cheese being in this. Most folks don’t taste the cottage cheese as a separate ingredient. Unless they know it’s in there, a lot of people can’t really put their finger on what is different. But if you just absolutely cannot stand the thought of putting it in there – try substituting with plain yogurt.
Yes absolutely! Any of the ingredients that you can purchase that are low sugar or sugar-free will work. In addition, you can get low fat cottage cheese (or yogurt if you’re using that) as well!
Absolutely! You can have fun playing around with this dessert and testing out different flavors for sure!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- small-curd cottage cheese
- orange Jell-O gelatin
- mandarin oranges
- whipped topping (COOL WHIP)
- mini marshmallows
- chopped pecans (optional)
HOW TO MAKE ORANGE FLUFF:
In a bowl, combine cottage cheese with the orange Jell-O gelatin mix. Stir until well mixed.
Add in the well-drained can of mandarin oranges and the tub of Cool Whip. Stir.
Finally, stir in the marshmallows and pecans.
Cover and store in the refrigerator and allow to get nice and cool. If you were to eat it right away, it would taste grainy from the Jell-O. But give it at least a couple of hours and the flavors will really come together and blend nicely. This is definitely a dessert you can make the day before you need it.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
Originally published March 2011
Updated and republished July 2021
Orange Fluff (+Video)
- 16 ounce container small-curd cottage cheese
- 3 ounce box orange Jell-O gelatin
- 15 ounce can mandarin oranges, drained well
- 8 ounce tub whipped topping (COOL WHIP), thawed
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- ½ cup chopped pecans, optional
- In a bowl combine cottage cheese with the orange Jell-O gelatin mix.
- Stir until combined well.
- Gently stir in the well-drained mandarin oranges and the Cool Whip whipped topping.
- Finally, stir in the mini marshmallows and pecans.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place into the refrigerator to allow the flavors to come together (at least 2-3 hours but overnight is best.)
- Sugar free options can be used where applicable.
- This can be made the night before it is to be eaten.
- Cottage cheese can be substituted with Vanilla Greek yogurt or plain Greek yogurt.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.