Cherry Pie Fluff is a no-bake dessert that is made with cheesecake pudding, cherry pie filling, whipped topping and pineapple a delicious summer treat!
A DELICIOUSLY LIGHT DESSERT
We are in the heat of summer now! Walking outside is liking walking into a sauna. Well, at least it is here in my part of the world. Thank goodness we are blessed with air conditioning. Makes you wonder how those fancy ladies back in the 19th century handled summer with all those layers of petticoats and dresses they wore. They certainly didn’t have this scrumptious cherry pie fluff to cool them off!
CAN I USE SUGAR-FREE OPTIONS FOR CHERRY PIE FLUFF?
Absolutely! If you need to watch your sugar intake, it is easy to substitute these ingredients for their sugar-free counterparts. You can also switch up the flavors. Blueberry or strawberry pie filling will both work wonderfully in this recipe.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- crushed pineapple
- cheesecake Jell-O pudding
- cherry pie filling
- whipped topping (Cool Whip)
HOW TO MAKE CHERRY PIE FLUFF:
In a medium bowl, combine undrained pineapple with dry cheesecake pudding mix.
Stir well until combined.
Stir in can of cherry pie filling.
Small hands do well with this job.
Looks good already, huh? But there’s one more step!
Gently stir in whipped topping.
If you like, you can always add in a few chopped walnuts or pecans.
This can be eaten immediately but any leftovers must be kept refrigerated.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES LIKE THIS?
Cherry Pie Fluff (+Video)
- 15.5 ounce can crushed pineapple, (undrained)
- 3.4 ounce box instant cheesecake Jell-O pudding mix
- 21 ounce can cherry pie filling
- 8 ounce tub whipped topping (COOL WHIP), (thawed)
- In a medium bowl, combine undrained crushed pineapple with dry cheesecake pudding mix.
- Stir well until combined.
- Stir in can of cherry pie filling.
- Then gently stir in whipped topping.
- If you like, you can always add in a few chopped walnuts or pecans.
- You can serve this right away. Just make sure you cover and store leftovers in the fridge.
- Want to make this more “figure-friendly”? Just substitute ingredients for their low/no sugar counterparts!
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Originally published: June 2013
Updated & republished: May 2019