Cherry Pie Bars! Tasty AND Pretty!
Is there anything prettier than a cherry or strawberry dessert? I love the colors, I love the flavors and they are perfect for the holidays. You can use any flavor pie filling to switch it up a bit. Blueberry is another favorite of mine. As always, I love adding a little almond extract along with anything cherry. It really enhances the cherry flavor without overwhelming it.
Easy to make and serve
for the bars:
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
4 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. almond extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 (21 oz.) cans cherry pie filling
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks) softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 21 oz cans cherry pie filling
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
Preheat oven to 350°f.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Gradually add flour.
- Spread 3 cups dough into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Spread with pie filling.
- Drop remaining dough by teaspoonfuls over filling. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
In a small bowl, mix powdered sugar, extracts and enough milk to reach desired consistency; drizzle over top.