Cherry Pie Bites use simple ingredients like cherry pie filling and crescent rolls to make an easy, tasty dessert! Topped with an easy icing.
CRESCENT ROLL CHERRY PIE BITES
The recipe I’m sharing today was one that was partly inspired by my EASY APPLE DANISHES and CRESCENT ROLL CHEESE DANISHES and EASY CINNA-MINIS. I love to use crescent rolls to come up with fun and easy desserts. Plus, these are desserts my family can easily make themselves without a whole lot of assistance from me if they want to whip up a little something sweet.
CAN I USE DIFFERENT PIE FILLINGS?
We really loved these! The best thing about them is you can totally cater to what your family loves for a pie filling. There are just so many possibilities here. You could use Apple, Blueberry, Strawberry, Lemon and Chocolate pie fillings!
1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling
2 tubes crescent roll dough
1 cup powdered sugar
1-2 tbsp. milk
Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Spray regular muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Unroll individual crescent roll dough pieces and lay them in individual tins. Put the widest bit of the dough in the bottom. You may have to do this in two batches if you only have the one muffin tin.
Scoop pie filling into each crescent roll dough piece. Be generous with the pie filling. It’s okay if a little seeps out during baking. I actually like when you can see the bit of pie filling bubbling out while baking. It also lets folks see what they are gonna be eating before then even bite into it. You want to bite into these and get a nice taste of the cherry filling. Because remember, the dough is really gonna puff up around these. A good 3 to 4 heaping tablespoons should work. I’m guessing about 6 or so cherries in each one. I think I could have even put more filling than in the ones you see here. Start folding the dough around the filling as best you can. You should have three corners to pull in.
Again, leaving small open gaps are totally okay here. The filling doesn’t have to be totally covered. The dough is gonna puff up.
With a spoon, drizzle glaze over the warm bites. Note: I put my bites on a cooling rack with some wax paper underneath but you can drizzle the glaze on these while they are still in the muffin tin.
EASY CHERRY PIE BITES
- 1 21 oz can cherry pie filling
- 2 tubes crescent roll dough
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Spray regular muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Unroll individual crescent roll dough pieces and lay them in individual tins. Put the widest bit of the dough in the bottom.
- Scoop pie filling into each crescent roll dough piece. Be generous with the pie filling. It's okay if a little seeps out during baking. A good 3 to 4 heaping tablespoons should work.
- Start folding the dough around the filling as best you can, pulling in the three corners.
- Bake for about 13-14 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and milk until it is smooth reaches a desired consistency
- With a spoon, drizzle glaze over the warm bites.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
MINI PIE BITES (MADE WITH PIE CRUST!)
CHERRIES IN THE SNOW POKE CAKE
THE BEST CHERRY CHEESECAKE BARS
CHERRY CHEESECAKE DIP
EASY CHERRY DUMP CAKE
CHERRY PIE FLUFF