I love easy
I think my most favorite recipes to share here on the Country Cook are dessert recipes. And if you’ve followed this website for a while, you’ve probably noticed. And I especially love when I can share an easy dessert. I’m sure I’ve mentioned it before but it’s worth repeating again. I’m not the most patient cook/baker. And I’m definitely not the neatest. Everyone in my house knows when Momma has been in the kitchen. So after making a mess in my kitchen just trying to make supper, I like it when I can still make a dessert but not pile up a bunch of dishes or exhaust myself in the process. This will look like it took you all kinds of time to whip up, but a few shortcuts make all the difference.
Easy Apple Dessert Pizza
- 1 premade thin pizza crust
- 1 can apple pie filling
- 4 tbsp butter softened to room temperature
- 2/3 cups brown sugar
- 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Take crust out of package and place on round baking sheet.
- Open your can of pie filling and get in there with a sharp knife and pull the knife back and forth across the apples. This will chop them up and give you more apple filling across your whole pizza.
- Spread the apple pie filling evenly on the pizza crust.
In a bowl, combine softened butter, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon until crumbly. You can use a fork, a pastry cutter or your hands to do this.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping all over the apple filling.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until heated through and crumb topping is slightly browned.
While pizza is cooling, start making the icing. Whisk together powdered sugar and milk. Add milk slowly until you get the consistency you like. Drizzle icing all across pizza.
- Using a sharp pizza cutter, slice up your pizza and serve!