This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Y’all are gonna laugh at me, but one of my favorite things to do is to aimlessly walk around Walmart. Everyone has their thing – and that’s my thing. I love to browse new products and get ideas for recipes. I don’t always have the time to do this casually. Most of the time I’m running through there like my hair is on fire just trying to get what I need. But when I do have time to myself to casually stroll the aisles, I love it! So there’s my confession. It is my relaxation and de-stresser.So when I was walking around Walmart this weekend, I saw these new Tyson® 100% Whole Grain breaded chicken breast chunks. I had to back up my buggy and look again. There were two different kinds in the freezer section at my local Walmart. They had the whole grain breaded chicken chunks and the Tyson® Gluten Free breaded chicken nuggets. I immediately texted a photo to one of my good friends whose daughter can only eat gluten free and asked if she had seen these. Nearly every kid loves chicken nuggets and how convenient is this for her Momma?! She was so excited and thrilled to see these. They are wholesome and her daughter can eat them – score!
So I threw one of each of these into my buggy. Here’s the lowdown on this new chicken from Tyson®!
- Real, Simple 100% All Natural Ingredients
- excellent source of protein
- Made with white meat chicken
- No preservatives
- 65% less breading compared to original Crispy Chicken Strips
- More meat with the same breaded taste
The wheels started turning in my head with what I could make with them. Of course they are good all by themselves but my mind is always thinking about more. And as I walked down the international aisle of Walmart – an idea hit me.
- for the salad:
- 1 bag Tyson® 100% Whole Grain Breaded Chicken Breast Chunks
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1 2 oz packet slivered almonds
- 1 11 oz can mandarin oranges drained well
- 1/3 cup crunchy rice or chow mien noodles
- for the dressing:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 6 tbsp honey
- 3 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 425f degrees.
- Place Tyson Chicken Breast Chunks onto a foil-lined baking sheet (or spray with nonstick cooking spray.)
- Cook for about 15-20 minutes.
- While the chicken chunks are cooking, start preparing your salad.
- In a large bowl, combine chopped romaine lettuce and shredded cabbage.
- Then toss in shredded carrots, green onions and slivered almonds.
- Top with mandarin oranges and crunchy rice noodles.
- To prepare the dressing, whisk together the mayonnaise, rice wine vinegar, honey, dijon mustard and sesame oil.
- Once the chicken is cooked, take it out of the oven.
- Then add cooked chicken to the prepared salad and pour dressing on top.
- Or you can keep the dressing on the side and everyone can help themselves.
Sesame oil has a very strong flavor so don't overdo it.