Bubble Up Pizza is a refrigerated biscuit casserole that uses pizza sauce, sausage, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni to make an easy dinner!
EASY BUBBLE UP PIZZA RECIPE
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS PIZZA BISCUIT CASSEROLE:
- Get creative with this! Add in any toppings that your family enjoys! Green peppers, onions and mushrooms are all great add-ins.
- If you don't like the sausage, no problem, just leave it out of the recipe.
- Use ground beef or ground turkey instead of ground sausage.
- If your family loves a lot of sauce, you can add in another jar to this. This is so easy to really make the way your family will enjoy!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
HOW TO MAKE BUBBLE UP PIZZA:
I like to sprinkle the top with some dried parsley. It doesn't affect the flavor at all but it's something I do because I think it makes it look pretty. But if you don't already have some in your pantry, then don't go out and buy it just for this.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? HAVE A LOOK AT THESE!
BUBBLE UP LASAGNA
BLACKBERRY BUBBLE UP
CROCK POT SAUSAGE & PEPPERS
EASY ITALIAN TORTELLINI SKILLET DINNER
PEPPERONI PIZZA PASTA SALAD
CROCK POT LASAGNA
EASY LAYEED TACO BAKE (ONE OF MY MOST POPULAR RECIPES!)
BUBBLE UP PIZZA
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 15 oz jar pizza sauce
- 1 12 oz tube refrigerated Pillsbury Grands Jr. Biscuits
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese
- slices pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- If you’re not using pre-cooked sausage, you're going to need to brown and crumble the Italian sausage and drain any excess grease.
- Cut each biscuit into eighths.
- In a bowl, combine pizza sauce with cut-up biscuits and cooked sausage. Stir to combine.
- Spread this mixture evenly into prepared baking dish.
- Then top with shredded cheese and sliced pepperoni.
- Sprinkle with dried parsley (if using)
- Bake uncovered for about 25-30 minutes or until biscuits are cooked through.
Originally published: June 2011
Updated & republished: April 2020