- 1 pound Italian sausage or ground beef
- 1 24 oz jar spaghetti sauce divided use
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 12 oz tube refrigerated Pillsbury Grands Jr. Biscuits
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup of spaghetti sauce (set aside the rest for later use), Ricotta cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Cut up biscuits into eighths.
- Mix cut-up biscuits with cheese and sauce mixture.
- Stir well.
- Spread into prepared pan.
Cook Italian sausage. Make sure you break it up as it cooks ensuring it gets browned and cooked thoroughly.
Drain any excess grease. Turn off heat.
- Pour in remainder spaghetti sauce with sausage and stir well.
- Spread meat mixture on top of biscuit layer.
- Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese on top.
- Sprinkle with dried parsley flakes.
- Bake uncovered for about 25-30 minutes, until biscuits are cooked through (it took closer to 30 minutes in my oven).
Serve with a crisp green salad and steamed veggies.