Use a cotton swab and a dab of coconut oil and you would be amazed at how well it works!
Just rub a little into lips and it not only acts as a softening agent but it also has an SPF of about 4 so you get a little protection. Nature’s own Chapstick!And my favorite use for coconut oil? Cooking!
Now coconut oil obviously has a slight coconut flavor. So just be careful to what you are using it for. If you fry with it, it will impart a bit of that coconut flavor into whatever you are frying. hich isn’t a bad thing, depending on what you are cooking. I actually fried up some small funnel cakes with this and that coconut flavor added a nice little background flavor. I think one of the most fun recipes I have tried with this recipe is Homemade Magic Shell.
Oh yeah, you read that right. You can make this stuff at home! And it is so easy to put together. I had no idea that Magic Shell had coconut oil in it. Ya learn something new everyday, let me tell you. I went to the pantry and grabbed my bottle, and sure enough, there it was on the back.
- 1¼ Cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 tbsp. Coconut Oil (measured when solid)
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave about 1 minute.
- Give it a stir.
- You may need to microwave it for a few more seconds.
- You want it to be runny but not boiling over and burning.
- Stir again.
- Pour into a bottle or glass jar (something that can be reheated safely in the microwave)
- This doesn’t need to be stored in the refrigerator.
- The shelf life is about 2-3 weeks.
- You may need to reheat it in the microwave (without the lid) for about 15-30 seconds when you need to use it to get it back to a more liquid stage.