Amazing, Yummy, The Best
Those are all adjectives that could describe this dessert. It really isn’t fair to call it a bread. But nevertheless, that has always been the recipe title and I’m sticking to protocol for nostalgia sake. It is tender, sweet and of course, nutty. 🙂 And it slices up beautifully for serving.
Nuts for Nuts
Now, you can use whatever nut you like in this. Pecans and walnuts work the best in this (in my humble opinion). This bread is incredibly flavorful and moist. It tastes good served warm or room temperature. So good!
You could also make a drizzle sauce for it if you’d like. I have a super simple recipe for it over on my Southern Pecan Praline Cake. It’s such a versatile sauce and is absolutely perfection over ice cream too!
Preheat oven to 350f degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a medium bowl, mix together sugar, brown sugar, eggs and oil until smooth. Gently stir in flour and vanilla. Finally, mix in 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans. Pour into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle top with remaining (1/2 cup) chopped pecans
Bake for 30-35 minutes
Allow to cool slightly before slicing and serving.
Sweet Southern Pecan Bread
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups chopped pecans divided use
- Preheat oven to 350f degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together sugar, brown sugar, eggs and oil until smooth. Gently stir in flour and vanilla. Finally, mix in 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle top with remaining (1/2 cup) chopped pecans
- Bake for 30-35 minutes