Butter Pecan Rocks!
- 1 premade graham cracker crust 2 Extra Servings size
- 2 8 oz blocks cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 tbsp butter flavor/extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- crushed pecans for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer, combine cream cheese with sugar and sour cream until smooth and combined well.
- Then mix in beaten eggs along with extracts.
- If you are using a stand mixer, don't forget to occasionally scrape down the insides of the bowl so it all gets incorporated well. Mix for about 4 minutes until thick, smooth and creamy.
- Then stir in pecans.
- Pour mixture into graham cracker crust.
- Bake (on middle oven rack) for about 65-70 minutes.
- Top will be puffy and there should just be a slight jiggle still in the center.
- Allow cheesecake to chill in the refrigerator for several hours before serving.
- Sprinkle the top with a bit of crushed pecans before serving.
It's really important that your cream cheese is at room temperature and not cold. It will not only mix better at room temperature but it won't be lumpy when you mix it either. I like to just set my cream cheese out on the counter the night before I make the cheesecake but you can actually soften the blocks (completely unwrapped on a microwave-safe plate) by putting them in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds.
Sprinkle the top with a bit of crushed pecans before serving. To make it a bit more decadent, try drizzling a little caramel sauce on top before serving!