One of my absolute favorite ice cream flavors turned into the most amazing (and simple!) butter pecan cheesecake. Simply delicious!
EASY BUTTER PECAN CHEESECAKE
One of my favorite ice cream flavors is butter pecan. If you get a really good ice cream that manages to balance out the creaminess of the ice cream with that smooth buttery flavor and crunchy pecans. That is pure heaven right there. So, the other day, when I dug into some Butter Pecan ice cream, I thought, this would probably be an awesome cheesecake flavor. And it was!
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS PECAN CHEESECAKE
- Feel free to make your crust from scratch. I have a recipe for it on my EASY CREAMY CHEESECAKE recipe post.
- You can easily switch out the pecans for walnuts or even macadamia nuts.
- It's really important that your cream cheese is at room temperature and not cold. It will not only mix better at room temperature but it won't be lumpy when you mix it either. I like to just set my cream cheese out on the counter the night before I make the cheesecake but you can actually soften the blocks (completely unwrapped on a microwave-safe plate) by putting them in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds.
- Yes, there really is such a thing as butter extract. You can find it in the baking aisle near the vanilla extract.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- store-bought graham cracker crust (extra 2 servings size)
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- butter flavor/extract
- vanilla extract
- chopped pecans
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST BUTTER PECAN CHEESECAKE:
Preheat oven to 300F. Using a handheld or stand mixer, combine cream cheese with sugar and sour cream until smooth and combined well.
Then mix in beaten eggs along with extracts. If you are using a stand mixer, don't forget to occasionally scrape down the insides of the bowl so it all gets incorporated well.
Mix for about 4 minutes until thick, smooth and creamy. Then stir in pecans by hand.
Pour prepared mixture into graham cracker crust.
Bake (on middle oven rack) for about 65-70 minutes. Top will be puffy and there should just be a slight jiggle still in the center. Allow cheesecake to chill in the refrigerator for several hours before serving.
Sprinkle the top with a bit of crushed pecans before serving. It will also cover up some of those cracks that may have appeared during baking. To make it a bit more decadent, try drizzling a little caramel sauce on top!
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
EASY BUTTER PECAN CHEESECAKE
- 1 premade graham cracker crust (2 Extra Servings size)
- 2 (8 oz) blocks cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp butter flavor/extract
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- crushed pecans, for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300F. Using a handheld or stand mixer, combine cream cheese with sugar and sour cream until smooth and combined well.
- Then mix in beaten eggs along with extracts. Mix for about 4 minutes until thick, smooth and creamy.
- Then stir in chopped pecans by hand.
- Pour prepared mixture into graham cracker crust.
- Bake (on middle oven rack) for about 65-70 minutes. Top will be puffy and there should just be a slight jiggle still in the center.
- Allow cheesecake to chill in the refrigerator for several hours before serving.
- Sprinkle the top with a bit of crushed pecans before serving. Drizzle slices with caramel syrup when serving (otional)
Originally published: Feb 2014
Updated & republished: July 2020