Disclosure: I was given a copy of the cookbook to review. No other compensation was given.
Southern Fudge Pie
Southern Living Cookbook
Classic Southern Recipes
Chocolate Pie Delight
- 3/4 cup salted butter
- 3 1 oz unsweetened chocolate squares
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans divided use
- Toppings: vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup, chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan, over low heat, cook butter and chocolate.
- Stirring often until melted (then take off heat).
- Beat eggs at medium speed with an electric or stand mixer for 5 minutes.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until blended.
- Then gradually add chocolate mixture.
- Then add flour and vanilla extract, beating until blended.
- If you're using a stand mixer, it's important that you continually scrape down the sides so everything mixes evenly.
- Stir in 1/2 cup chopped pecans.
- Pour into pie plate.
- Bake at 350F for 35-40 minutes.
- The center should be firm when finished.
- Let pie cool.
- Then slice and serve with ice cream, chocolate syrup and remaining chopped pecans.