Southern Fudge Pie is an easy, crustless, homemade chocolate pie made with chocolate, sugar, flour, butter, eggs and pecans.
SOUTHERN FUDGE PIE RECIPE
VIDEO INCLUDED BELOW:
CHOCOLATE FUDGE PIE WITH NO CRUST
toppings: vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup
HOW TO MAKE SOUTHERN FUDGE PIE:
SHONEY'S STRAWBERRY PIE
HOMEMADE BANANA PUDDING PIE
SOUTHERN FUDGE PIE
- ¾ cup salted butter
- 3 (1 oz) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup chopped pecans, divided use
- Toppings: vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup, chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan, over low heat, cook butter and chocolate.
- Stirring often until melted (then take off heat).
- Beat eggs at medium speed with an electric or stand mixer for 5 minutes.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until blended.
- Then gradually add chocolate mixture.
- Then add flour and vanilla extract, beating until blended.
- If you're using a stand mixer, it's important that you continually scrape down the sides so everything mixes evenly.
- Stir in ½ cup chopped pecans.
- Pour into pie plate.
- Bake at 350F for 35-40 minutes.
- The center should be firm when finished.
- Let pie cool.
- Then slice and serve with ice cream, chocolate syrup and remaining chopped pecans.
Note: The original post had a cookbook giveaway. That giveaway has now ended.
Originally published: August 2012
Updated and republished: April 2019