Super easy and tasty, this Philly Cheesesteak Skillet has all the fun flavors of the sandwich but without the bun!
A FUN PHILLY CHEESESTEAK MEAL
I absolutely love Philly Cheesesteaks but sometimes we are not always in the mood for sandwiches. Naturally low carb and keto-friendly, this Philly Cheesesteak Skillet is a great option to satisfy those Philly cheesesteak cravings without all the bread. Mixed with peppers, cheese and beef, you really can't go wrong with this one. This is really an easy and tasty meal that the whole family will love. If you are looking for a tried-and-true 30 minute dinner to get onto your table during those busy weekdays, then you have to try my Philly Cheesesteak Skillet recipe.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
If you are more of chicken fan then you can absolutely swap it out with ground chicken instead. I love CHICKEN PHILLIES!
No, you can use all one color or a mix of any colors that you like. I know some folks don't like green peppers so you can go with the more mild yellow and green ones.
Our favorites are provolone or mozzarella. But I won't stop you if you want to throw some cheddar or gouda cheese in there!
If you have a larger family or plan on serving more people, you can absolutely double this recipe.
I really love the depth of flavor that it adds to this dish. If you don't have any or don't enjoy the flavor then simply leave it out.
This can be stored in an airtight container or ziptop bag in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in skillet until heated through.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- ground beef
- yellow onion
- green bell pepper
- red bell pepper
- yellow bell pepper
- beef broth
- worcestershire sauce
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- provolone or mozzarella cheese
HOW TO MAKE PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SKILLET:
In a large skillet, cook ground beef over medium high heat until brown and crumbled. Drain any excess grease and set beef aside. Add butter to the pan and sliced onions. Saute for 1-2 minutes.
Add the sliced peppers.
Continue to saute until vegetables are softened, another 2-4 minutes.
Return the ground beef to the pan along with the seasonings, broth and worcestershire.
Stir until combined and simmer on medium heat until liquid is reduced, about 2-3 minutes.
Top the meat and vegetable mixture with the shredded cheese.
Once melted remove from heat and garnish with minced parsley. Serve immediately.
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? YOU GOTTA TRY THESE!
- PHILLY CHEESESTEAK CUPS
- PHILLY CHEESESTEAK ROLL UPS
- CHICKEN PHILLY SANDWICHES
- PHILLY CHEESESTEAK CASSEROLE
- LOW CARB CHEESEBURGER CASSEROLE
- EASY SKILLET LASAGNA
- EASY ITALIAN TORTELLINI SKILLET DINNER
Philly Cheesesteak Skillet
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- ½ red bell pepper sliced
- ½ yellow bell pepper sliced
- ¼ cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 ½ cup shredded provolone or mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley for garnish (optional)
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef over medium high heat until brown and crumbled. Drain any excess grease and set beef aside.
- Add butter to the pan and sliced onions. Saute over medium heat for 1-2 minutes then add the sliced peppers. Continue to saute until vegetables are softened, about another 2-4 minutes.
- Return the ground beef to the pan along with the seasonings, broth and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until combined and simmer on medium heat until liquid is reduced, about 2-3 minutes.
- Top the meat and vegetable mixture with the shredded cheese. Once melted remove from heat and garnish with minced parsley. Serve immediately.
- This can easily be doubled.
- You can swap out chicken or even steak for the ground beef.
- Use any color peppers you like, we like to use tri colored.
- This will store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.