4 tbsp. butter, divided
2 tbsp. canola oil
1 pound raw chicken tenders, diced into chunks
2½ tsp. lemon pepper seasoning
1 1/2 tsp. cajun seasoning
½ tbsp kosher salt
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
½ onion, diced
2 slices provolone cheese
2 sub rolls
4 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 4 Tbsp butter divided use
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 pound raw chicken tenders diced into chunks
- 2-½ tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 ½ tsp cajun seasoning
- ½ Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ onion diced
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 2 sub rolls
- 4 Tbsp mayonnaise
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons oil in a pan (medium high heat).
- While waiting for the butter to melt, season chicken with lemon pepper , cajun seasoning, salt & pepper..
- Make sure all diced chicken pieces get seasoning on them.
- Once the butter has melted in pan, add chicken and onions.
- As the chicken cooks, be sure to move it around and maybe break it up a bit if you diced your chicken pieces large.
- Cook for about 8 minutes on medium heat.
- I like to take a piece out and test for seasoning right before putting the cheese on. You may want to add little more salt or pepper at this point.
- Lower heat and place slices of cheese on chicken to melt.
- You may need to put a cover on your pan to help the cheese along with melting.
- Slather rolls with remaining butter and toast slightly under the broiler – make sure to keep a close eye on it as broilers can burn a piece of bread quickly!
- I sometimes just toast mine on the stovetop using a cast iron skillet.
- Once rolls are toasted, put lots of mayo on both sides of roll.
- Don’t skimp on the mayo – it really adds to the flavor of this dish. Scoop up chicken, onion and cheese mixture onto bun.
Serve with fries or chips and enjoy.
Suggested toppings: Lettuce and tomato
Other cheese choices: monterey jack or mozzarella
Other ingredients: Bacon, mushrooms. green, red and yellow peppers are all excellent additions to this sandwich