1/4 tsp. pepper
Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Arrange bread slices in a single layer in an ungreased 9×13 baking dish. Note:After making this a few times (because we love it!) I recommend toasting the bread first.
Sprinkle with 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese.
Gently mix together spaghetti sauce and meatballs. Spoon over cheese.
Meatball Sub CasserolePrint Pin Rate
- 1 loaf Italian bread cut into 1-inch thick slices
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided use
- 1 pkg. fully cooked frozen meatballs thawed
- 1 28 oz jar pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Arrange bread slices in a single layer in an ungreased 9 x 13 baking dish. Fill in any gabs with pieces of bread. Note: I recommend toasting the bread first. You can place the dish into the oven (on the broiler setting) and toast both sides. It should only take a minute or two.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise and seasonings.
- Spread mixture over bread slices.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Gently mix together spaghetti sauce and meatballs.
- Spoon over cheese.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes.