This No Bake Cherry Jell-O Dessert is always a huge hit! It's so easy to make with cherry gelatin, pie filling and a creamy whipped topping!
NO BAKE CHERRY JELL-O DESSERT
Okay y'all, I had totally planned to share this recipe for No Bake Cherry Jell-O Dessert at the beginning of the summer. Time just got away from me and I had other recipes lined up before this one to share. But it is finally photographed so I can share with you. This isn't just a summer recipe though!
PERFECT FOR ANY HOLIDAY
Just because you don't have to turn on the oven doesn't mean it's not a great fall and winter recipe. Actually, I think this dessert is perfect to eat after some of those heavier fall meals that we tend to eat. Cherry gelatin is dressed up with some cherry pie filling, crushed pineapple and it's all topped with a simple vanilla whipped topping.
You can pretty much use any flavor jell-o and pie filling that you think will work well together. Strawberry pie filling and strawberry jell-o is also a favorite! This is a recipe that will make you feel like a kid again. It's not a heavy dessert and I promise, you will come home with an empty dish from wherever you take it!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
cherry gelatin (Jell-O)
crushed pineapple in juice
cherry pie filling
instant vanilla pudding
whipped topping (COOL WHIP)
HOW TO MAKE NO BAKE CHERRY JELL-O DESSERT:
for the jell-o filling:
In a large bowl, combine cherry Jell-O with 2 cups of boiling water.Stir in crushed pineapple with juice and cherry pie filling.Pour this mixture into a 9x13 baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (until set.)for the topping:
In a medium bowl, whisk together instant vanilla pudding mix with 1 cup cold milk. Let set for 1-2 minutes until slightly thick.Finally, stir in whipped topping.Spread on top of the chilled cherry gelatin mixture.Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.This will be the surprise hit at your next get-together!
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
NO-BAKE CHERRY JELL-O DESSERT
for the filling:
- 1 6 oz cherry gelatin (Jell-O), larger box
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple in juice, do not drain
- 1 21 oz can cherry pie filling
For the topping:
- 1 3.4 oz box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup cold milk
- 2 cups whipped topping COOL WHIP, thawed
For the filling:
- In a large bowl, combine cherry Jell-O with 2 cups of boiling water.
- Stir in crushed pineapple with juice and cherry pie filling.
- Pour this mixture into a 9x13 baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (until set.)
For the topping:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together instant vanilla pudding mix with 1 cup cold milk. Let set for 1-2 minutes until slightly thick.
- Finally, stir in whipped topping.
- Spread on top of the chilled cherry gelatin mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.