This No Bake Cherry Jell-O Dessert is always a huge hit! It’s so easy to make with cherry gelatin, pie filling and a creamy whipped topping!
A DELICIOUSLY DIFFERENT JELL-O DESSERT
Okay y’all, I had totally planned to share this recipe for No Bake Cherry Jell-O Dessert at the beginning of the summer. Time just got away from me and I had other recipes lined up before this one to share. But it is finally photographed so I can share with you. This isn’t just a summer recipe though!
PERFECT FOR ANY HOLIDAY
Just because you don’t have to turn on the oven doesn’t mean it’s not a great fall and winter recipe. Actually, I think this dessert is perfect to eat after some of those heavier fall meals that we tend to eat. Cherry gelatin is dressed up with some cherry pie filling, crushed pineapple and it’s all topped with a simple vanilla whipped topping.
CAN I USE ANY FLAVOR JELL-O?
You can pretty much use any flavor jell-o and pie filling that you think will work well together. Strawberry pie filling and strawberry jell-o is also a favorite! This is a recipe that will make you feel like a kid again. It’s not a heavy dessert and I promise, you will come home with an empty dish from wherever you take it!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (SEE RECIPE CARD BELOW FOR THE FULL RECIPE)
- cherry gelatin (Jell-O)
- boiling water
- crushed pineapple in juice
- cherry pie filling
- instant vanilla pudding
- cold milk
- whipped topping (COOL WHIP)
HOW TO MAKE CHERRY JELL-O DESSERT:
for the Jell-O filling:
In a large bowl, combine cherry Jell-O with 2 cups of boiling water.
Stir in crushed pineapple with juice and cherry pie filling.
Pour this mixture into a 9×13-inch baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (until set.)
for the topping:
In a medium bowl, whisk together instant vanilla pudding mix with 1 cup cold milk. Let set for 1-2 minutes until slightly thick.
Finally, stir in whipped topping.
Spread on top of the chilled cherry gelatin mixture.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
This will be the surprise hit at your next get-together!
CRAVING MORE RECIPES?
Cherry Jell-O Dessert
for the filling:
- 6 ounce box cherry Jell-O (larger box)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple in juice, do not drain
- 21 ounce can cherry pie filling
For the topping:
- 3.4 ounce box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup cold milk
- 2 cups whipped topping COOL WHIP, thawed
For the filling:
- In a large bowl, combine 6 ounce box cherry Jell-O with 2 cups boiling water.
- Stir in 20 ounce can crushed pineapple in juice, do not drain and 21 ounce can cherry pie filling.
- Pour this mixture into a 9×13-inch baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (until set.)
For the topping:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 3.4 ounce box instant vanilla pudding with 1 cup cold milk. Let set for 1-2 minutes until slightly thick.
- Finally, stir in 2 cups whipped topping.
- Spread on top of the chilled cherry gelatin mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.