With just a few ingredients and a little over a half hour, you can craft the perfect Honey Mustard Ham Sliders that are so cheesy with a buttery glaze!
SUPER EASY HANDHELD SLIDERS
These Honey Mustard Ham Sliders are a delicious way to make a bunch of mini ham sandwiches in no time. They’re easy to make, bite-sized, and perfect for parties, potlucks or just an easy lunch or dinner. The combination of honey mustard with provolone cheese and buttery Hawaiian slider buns is absolutely delish! It’s perfect to make with any leftover ham too!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
You can certainly use cheddar, American, mozzarella, gouda, gruyere – whatever cheese love.
I think other sliced meats could be added like turkey or chicken. You have to be careful about adding sandwich toppings (like lettuce) since you are putting these in the oven and lettuce just won’t hold up well to the heat. I think sliced tomatoes would do well though.
This is a forgiving recipe. If you are using leftover ham, you don’t have to try to weight out exactly one pound of ham. This is merely a guideline. You use as little or as much ham as you enjoy. With ore ham, you would maybe want heat them just a bit longer to ensure all the ham gets warmed up and the cheese melts.
Nope! Any slider roll or soft dinner roll will work great. I like the sweetness of the Hawaiian rolls as it pairs nicely with the honey mustard sauce mixture.
Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (SEE RECIPE CARD BELOW FOR THE FULL RECIPE)
- Hawaiian sweet rolls – They actually make a butter version now. I like the sweet version with this recipe but if you want it to be more savory, try the butter version.
- deli ham – you can certainly use any leftover ham for this. Use as little or as much as you personally enjoy.
- provolone cheese – as I stated above, use any cheese you typically enjoy with ham.
- mayonnaise, honey, dijon mustard – this is all you need to make homemade honey mustard. It really is so easy. Definitely use your favorite mayonnaise brand for this. You could even make a little extra to serve in a bowl on the side if folks would like additional honey mustard for their sandwiches.
- butter – ideally it should be real butter and not margarine. I use salted but you can use unsalted if that is all you have. I wouldn’t worry about adding any additional salt to it.
- minced dried onion – you don’t want fresh onion here. The flavor and texture would be too strong and not blend well with the other flavors. You could use onion powder but only about a 1/4 teaspoon (or to taste.)
- poppy seeds – this is optional since I don’t think they offer much taste. It just makes it look appealing.
HOW TO MAKE HONEY MUSTARD HAM SLIDERS
Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Slice the Hawaiian rolls in half lengthwise and place the bottom half into the baking dish.
In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, honey and mustard until combined. Spread an even layer onto the bottom of the Hawaiian rolls (you will use all of it.) Next, add a layer of the sliced ham, followed by the provolone cheese.
Place the top bun layer back onto the sliders. Mix together the melted butter, dried onion and poppy seeds. Generously brush across the tops of the slider buns.
Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the sliders are warmed through and the cheese is melted. Garnish the tops of the warm sliders with some parsley and serve immediately.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES?
Honey Mustard Ham Sliders
- 16 ounce package Hawaiian rolls (12 rolls per package)
- 1 pound deli ham, thinly sliced (use as little or as much ham as you prefer)
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 Tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons minced dried onion
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- ½ Tablespoon fresh minced (or dried) parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Slice the Hawaiian rolls in half lengthwise and place the bottom half into the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, honey and mustard until combined. Spread an even layer onto the bottom of the Hawaiian rolls (you will use all of it.)
- Next, add a layer of the sliced ham, followed by the provolone cheese.
- Place the top bun layer back onto the sliders.
- Mix together the melted butter, dried onion and poppy seeds. Generously brush across the tops of the slider buns.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the sliders are warmed through and the cheese is melted.
- Garnish the tops of the warm sliders with the parsley and serve immediately.
- Please refer to my FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions) and ingredient list above for other substitutions or for the answers to the most common questions.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.