Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders
Serve it up – easy!
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 (12 oz.) bottle Buffalo wing sauce (I like Frank’s Red Hot)
2 celery ribs, ends and tops cut off and thinly sliced
1 tbsp. thinly sliced red onion
1/3 cup ranch or blue cheese dressing
1 package (12) dinner rolls
You can also serve this on full size hamburger buns. You would probably be able to get about 6 sandwiches if you served it that way.
Cook’s Notes: For those that may ask about the spiciniess of this dish, it is not overly hot or spicy at all. It is no more spicy than the average mild Buffalo chicken wing. I have acid reflux, so I can’t have things that are too spicy and hot or I’ll have troubles later! The chicken only cooks in all that sauce but it only imparts the flavor of the hot sauce – not the heat. You are only adding a little extra heat with what you add to the slaw dressing on top.
Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders with Ranch Celery SlawPrint Pin Rate
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 12 oz bottle Buffalo wing sauce
- 2 celery ribs ends and tops cut off and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp thinly sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup ranch or blue cheese dressing
- 1 12 oz package dinner rolls
- Set aside two tablespoons of the Buffalo wing sauce. You are going to use this later for the dressing (celery slaw).
- Spray your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray or add a slow cooker liner. Add in chicken breasts. Season breasts with a little salt and pepper.
- Then pour in the rest of the bottle of Buffalo Wing Sauce. (use the whole bottle of sauce except for the 2 tbsp. you set aside.)
- Cover and cook on low for about 3-4 hours.
- When ready, put the breasts onto a plate and shred using two forks.
- Set aside a generous 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid that is left in the slow cooker
- Transfer chicken to a medium bowl.
- Pour in 1/2 cup of the leftover cooking liquid over the shredded chicken and stir well.
- At this point you can put the shredded chicken back into your slow cooker (after you have disgarded leftover cooking juices), cover and keep it on the warm setting until ready to serve.
Or if it is easier, you can just combine this slaw with the shredded chicken just before serving and serve it up that way.