This Crock Pot Buffalo Ranch Chex Mix is easy to put together with tons of your favorite flavors! Crunchy, tasty and with a little kick!
A NEW TAKE ON THE CLASSIC SNACK MIX
If you enjoy buffalo wings with ranch dressing, then this mix is for you! This Crock Pot Buffalo Ranch Chex Mix is the perfect snack when you need something delicious and not too complicated to make! Loaded with flavorful buffalo wing sauce, ranch dressing mix, and a few other simple ingredients that combine to make the most scrumptious snack mix. Trust me, once you start snacking, it will be hard to stop!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
You certainly do not have to. I give oven directions below. However, I think it really gives it time for the flavors to meld together and for that seasoning to really get into the snack mix.
Yes. Once you’ve mixed everything together in a mixing bowl, roll it all out onto a lined baking tray and bake for an hour in the oven on 250F. Every 15 minutes you need to take out the pans and stir the snack mix around. Let the mix cool for 10 minutes before enjoying. Make sure to use a few pans so you don’t pile the mix all on one and burn it.
I used a 5 quart crock pot. You can use any size (4 quarts or larger) you have as long as all the ingredients fit into it comfortably without it coming to the very top.
It does have a little kick from the buffalo wing sauce but I would not say it is so spicy to where you need a drink of water after every bite.
Let your creativity run free! Some fun ideas would be adding in Fritos, Bugles, Honey BBQ Frito Twists or whatever else you enjoy crunching on. Goldfish or nuts would also be a fun addition.
Yes and it’s a great make ahead snack to make a big batch of and put away for later. Let the snack mix cool to room temperature before transferring to a freezer safe bag. Remove any excess air and freeze for up to 2 months. Let it come to room temperature before serving.
Once you’ve cooled the snack mix, transfer it to an airtight container for up to 5-7 days. It does not need to be kept refrigerated.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (SEE RECIPE CARD BELOW FOR THE FULL RECIPE)
- Rice and Corn Chex cereals – If you aren’t a fan of the corn Chex, you can use all rice Chex.
- Cheez-its and mini pretzel twists – as I stated above, you can really make Chex Mix with pretty much any crunchy snack, Fritos and Bugles would work great in here as well. Just try to use about the same amounts.
- mini pretzel twists – you could use pretzel sticks instead of the mini pretzels or even the little nibblers pretzels like I use in my Ranch Pretzel Bites.
- Cheerios – if you don’t like Cheerios, just leave them out or substitute for something else.
- salted butter – if you prefer, you can use unsalted butter but it needs to be butter, not margarine.
- buffalo sauce – I prefer Frank’s buffalo sauce.
- packet of ranch seasoning – store brand or Hidden Valley Ranch brand both work or you can make your own Homemade Ranch Seasoning.
HOW TO MAKE CROCK POT BUFFALO RANCH CHEX MIX
For the sauce, mix together the melted butter, buffalo sauce and ranch seasoning until well combined. Add the cereals, Cheez-It’s and mini pretzel twists in the the bottom of a slow cooker (I used a 5 quart oval slow cooker). Stir gently to combine and cover the slow cooker. Cook on low for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally so it doesn’t burn.
Spread mixture out on a baking pan to cool before serving, enjoy!
CRAVING MORE RECIPES?
Crock Pot Buffalo Ranch Chex Mix
For the sauce:
- 6 Tablespoons salted butter, melted
- ⅓ cup buffalo sauce (I used Frank's Buffalo Sauce)
- 1 packet ranch seasoning
For the Chex Mix:
- 3 cups rice Chex cereal
- 3 cups corn Chex cereal
- 1 cup Cheerios cereal
- 3 cups Cheez-its
- 2 cups mini pretzel twists
- For the sauce, mix together the melted butter, buffalo sauce and ranch seasoning until well combined.
- Add the cereals, Cheez-It's and mini pretzel twists in the the bottom of a slow cooker (I used a 5 quart oval slow cooker).
- Pour the sauce on top and stir gently to combine and cover the slow cooker. Cook on low for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally so it doesn't burn.
- Spread mixture out on a baking pan to cool before serving, enjoy!
- Please refer to my FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions) and ingredient list above for other substitutions or for the answers to the most common questions.
- This can be stored in an airtight container and be kept at room temp for up to a week or you can freeze it for up to 2 months.
- This can be made in the oven, see instructions above.
- A 4 quart or large oval slow cooker can be used as long as all the ingredients fit into it comfortably.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.