These homemade Christmas Sugar Cookie Bars are not only festive but are delicious! A sugar cookie base topped with a creamy, fluffy frosting!
COOKIE BARS TOPPED WITH FROSTING
This sugar cookie bar recipe that I am sharing today is literally half sugar cookie and half frosting. They are decadent and delicious. Now, obviously I am using some Christmas-colored sprinkles. But, of course, you can switch these up with whatever colored sprinkles you love.
TIPS FOR MAKING THESE HOLIDAY-INSPIRED BARS:
These are not difficult to make but here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Make sure you are using real butter (not margarine) and that the butter is softened to room temperature (not melted.) Generally, I just leave the butter out on the counter the night before I am going to make these.
- Same with the cream cheese, make sure it is softened to room temperature or else the frosting will come out lumpy and it won’t incorporate into the frosting properly.
- Check the expiration date on your baking powder. 9 times out of 10 if baked goods don’t turn out right, it’s because the ingredients weren’t fresh.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- salted butter
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- festive sprinkles
- powdered sugar
- cream cheese
HOW TO MAKE CHRISTMAS SUGAR COOKIE BARS:
Preheat oven to 350f degrees. Line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper. Beat together butter and sugar until fluffy, then beat in egg and vanilla. Finally, beat in flour and baking powder, a little at a time, until you have a thick batter. Gently stir in the sprinkles.
Spread batter into prepared baking pan. Bake at 350f degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown. When finished baking, take cookie bar out of the oven and allow it to cool fully. Once cooled, gently lift sides of parchment paper to remove the entire bar from baking pan.
To make the frosting, blend powdered sugar, butter, cream cheese, vanilla and milk with an electric mixer. Spread frosting generously onto cooled cookie bar, and top with additional sprinkles.
Cut into squares and serve immediately or let frosting set for a firmer feel.
CRAVING MORE? GIVE THESE RECIPES A TRY!
Christmas Sugar Cookie Bars (+Video)
For the sugar cookie bars:
- Preheat oven to 350f degrees. Line a 9"x 9" baking pan with parchment paper.
- Beat together butter and sugar until fluffy, then beat in egg and vanilla. Finally, beat in flour and baking powder, a little at a time, until you have a thick batter. Gently stir in the sprinkles.
- Spread batter into it prepared baking pan. This will take a few minutes because it is thick. Bake at 350f degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once it's finished baking, take cookie bar out of the oven and allow to cool fully. Once it is cooled, carefully lift the sides of the parchment paper to pull the whole cookie bar out of the baking pan.
- To make the frosting, blend together powdered sugar, butter, cream cheese, vanilla and milk with an electric mixer. Spread frosting generously on cookie bar, and top with additional sprinkles.
- Cut into squares and serve immediately or let frosting set for a firmer feel.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.