Cute Christmas Reindeer Cookies
Cutest reindeer ever
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp table salt
- mini pretzel twists plain or chocolate covered
- M & M's
- chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Spray baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- In acmixing bowl, combine shortening, brown sugar, peanut butter, milk and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until smooth and well-blended.
- Add in egg and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour with baking soda and salt. Using a fork, stir well.
- Slowly begin adding the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture. Only adding a little at a time as you mix it to make sure flour doesn't fly everywhere. Don't overmix, just stir until combined.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls and place on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Then, to make the reindeer face, pinch the bottom half of the cookie. Then smush it down a bit with your hand.
- Bake cookies (one sheet at a time) for about 8 minutes.
- While the cookies are baking, start getting all your embellishments organized. As soon as the cookies come out, you are going to be working kinda fast.
- Once cookies are finished, while still warm, start adding the noses. Then add the eyes (chocolate chips) fairly close to the nose. Then add the antlers (pretzels). This part can be just a bit tricky because those antlers are heavy. So it's important that you don't put them too far to the edge of the cookie. They need to be solidly on the cookie, near the eyes, and gently apply a bit of pressure to make sure they stay in place.
- Allow cookies to finish cooling.
If you are using a stand mixer, you always have to remember to scrape down the sides of your bowl to make sure everything gets incorporated. The cookies need time to cool completely before you move them. The chocolate will set up and then stick to the cookie. Then you'll be able to move them and store them at that point.