Crock Pot Baked Potatoes is a super simple, foolproof way to make perfectly fluffy baked potatoes every single time! A delicious recipe!
CROCK POT BAKED POTATOES
After Thanksgiving, my hubby looks forward to turkey sandwiches the most. Some sliced turkey, some cheese slices and a bit of mayo. That is sandwich heaven to him. But you can only have so many sandwiches from leftover turkey (well, that applies to me anyway.) 😉
WHAT TO MAKE WITH THANKSGIVING LEFTOVERS?
So, as part of my Thanksgiving grocery shopping, I picked up a few extra russet potatoes just for this purpose. Not a lot of fuss! It really is the easiest (read: laziest) way to make baked potatoes. And after Thanksgiving, we are as lazy as cows in a pasture in the heat of the summer. Pop them into the slow cooker (you don't even need to wrap them in aluminum foil) and let them hang out and cook. Then take all the leftovers out of the fridge. Warm any that might need warming up in the microwave then stuff those taters on your own time!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
for the potatoes:
HOW TO MAKE CROCK POT BAKED POTATOES (WITH THANKSGIVING LEFTOVERS):
First things first, give potatoes a good rinsing. I do this in a colander in the sink.
Keeping the potatoes in the colander, poke each one a few times with a fork and coat them with olive oil.
Sprinkle and rub in kosher salt.
Place them into your 6 quart (or larger) slow cooker. Note: you do not need a rack like the one shown. I use it because it came with my slow cooker and it makes it easier to remove the potatoes after they cook but is not necessary.
Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours (depending on the size of your potatoes you may need longer) or high 4-5 hours.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place cooked potatoes on baking sheet. Split them open lengthwise with a knife. Place a couple of tablespoons of stuffing into the middle.Next, top with a tablespoon or two of cranberry sauce.Then top with sliced turkey.
Drizzle a bit of gravy on top.
Then cover the potatoes with a slice cheese.
Turn broiler on the oven to high. Place baking sheet onto oven rack but don't walk away. The broiler should melt the cheese within a minute.Remove from the oven and carefully put on a plate (hot potato!) 😉 And dig in!
CROCK POT BAKED POTATOES
For the potatoes:
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 4 tsp kosher salt to taste
- aluminum foil
- butter, cheese, chives, green onions, bacon pieces, sour cream, salt and pepper
- Scrub potatoes clean under cool water.
- Using a fork or a small knife, poke holes all around each of the potatoes.
- Place each potato in the center of a piece of aluminum foil large enough to completely wrap the potato.
- Rub all sides of the potato with a teaspoon each of olive oil and kosher salt.
- Wrap the foil around each potato and place them into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours (until fork tender) or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Careful when removing and unwrapping. Potatoes will be very hot.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
THE ULTIMATE THANKSGIVING RECIPES
MAPLE GLAZED CARROTS
HONEY GLAZED SWEET POTATOES
INSTANT POT MAC & CHEESE
EASY SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE
CROCK POT SWEET TEA GLAZED HAM