EASY COUNTRY PEACH COBBLER
VIDEO INCLUDED BELOW:
Everyone has their own favorite or family recipe I suppose. Some folks enjoy a sweet cake-like topping. Other folks prefer a thick biscuit topping. This recipe is a happy marriage between those two I think. The topping is like a thick, sweet cakey-biscuit.
CAN I MAKE THIS PEACH COBBLER WITH FRESH PEACHES?
Now, I’m making it with canned peaches, but it is simple to make with fresh peaches as well. It just involves a little bit more work. You’ll need about 6 medium peaches, sliced (skin removed). Then continue with the rest of the recipe steps.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
HOW TO MAKE EASY HOMEMADE PEACH COBBLER:
Originally published: August 2012
Updated & republished: April 2019
Easy Country Peach Cobbler
- 1 (29 oz) can sliced peaches (in juice), do not drain
- 1 tbsp cinnamon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp salted butter, cubed and cold
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees
- Spray an 8 x 8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour canned peaches with juices into bottom of baking dish (spreading them out evenly).
- Sprinkle peaches with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- For the topping, in a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Then add in the cubed butter.
- Begin to "cut" it into the flour mixture with a pastry cutter or your fingers.
- Just work it in with the flour until it becomes small pebbles and has been worked in with the flour/sugar mixture.
- Then pour in heavy cream.
- Combine until all the flour mixture has become moist. It will be very thick.
- Using a spoon, begin plopping the topping all over the peaches. Just put it on in clumps. Doing your best to cover the peaches. Don't worry about smoothing it out.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Top will be golden brown, and you can stick a toothpick in the top to make sure the topping has completely baked through (toothpick should come out clean.) Serve with ice cream.
To make cinnamon sugar, combine 2 tbsp. granulated sugar with 1 tsp. ground cinnamon.