- 1 29 oz can sliced peaches drained well
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter cubed and cold
- 1 cup heavy cream
- cinnamon and sugar for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees
- Spray an 8 x 8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Drain your can of peaches.
- Pour drained peaches into bottom of baking dish (spreading them out evenly).
- Sprinkle peaches with a little cinnamon or cinnamon sugar mixture.
- For the topping, in a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Then add in the cubed butter.
- Begin to "cut" it into the flour mixture.
- You can use a pastry cutter. Or better yet, use your fingers. Just work it in with the flour until it becomes small pebbles and has been worked in with the flour/sugar mixture.
- Then pour in heavy cream.
- Combine until all the flour mixture has become moist. It will be very thick.
- Using a spoon, begin plopping the topping all over the peaches. Just put it on in clumps. Doing your best to cover the peaches. Don't worry about smoothing it out.
- Sprinkle the top with sugar or a cinnamon/sugar mixture. (the cinnamon will make the topping appear darker as it cooks.)
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Top will be golden brown, and you can stick a toothpick in the top to make sure the topping has completely baked through (toothpick should come out clean).
To make this with fresh peaches, you'll need about 6 peaches, sliced.
Combine sliced peaches with 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour since fresh peaches will produce a lot of juice. Then continue with above steps.
To make cinnamon sugar, combine 2 tbsp. granulated sugar with 1 tsp. ground cinnamon.