Easy Peach Cobbler Cake is part cobbler and part cake. It's made so simple by using a boxed cake mix, pie filling, butter and an easy icing!
PEACH COBBLER CAKE?
TIPS FOR MAKING PEACH COBBLER CAKE:
- You can use any pie filling flavor you want. This works so good with blueberry, cherry or apple. Whatever you prefer. So it's a nice recipe to change up so that you don't get bored making the same version over and over.
- What is really interesting about it is the yeast that is combined with the cake mix. This really transforms the flavor and texture of the cake mix. It is incredibly moist and the yeast makes it almost sponge-like. And then of course, you've got this crumbly topping which makes it kinda like a cobbler.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
yellow cake mix
active dry yeast
peach pie filling
HOW TO MAKE EASY PEACH COBBLER CAKE:
CRAVING MORE PEACH RECIPES? TRY THESE!
PEACH COBBLER CAKE
- 1 (15 oz) box yellow cake mix divided use
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- ⅔ cup warm water
- 2 eggs
- 2 (21 oz) cans peach pie filling
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray 9 x 13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- The first thing you need to do is measure out 2 cups of the cake mix. Put aside the leftover cake mix. You’ll use that later for the crumble topping.
- In a mixing bowl combine the 2 cups of cake mix, along with the flour and yeast. Stir until combined.
- Then pour in warm water and stir well.
- Next add eggs and stir. Batter will be pretty lumpy.
- Spread the mixture into your prepared baking dish. This will take you a minute to do as it is kinda stretchy because of the yeast.
- Then spread both cans of pie filling on top of cake batter. Try to spread it out as evenly as possible.
- In a bowl, combine the rest of the cake mix (that you set aside earlier) with the butter.
- You can use a pastry cutter to combine it together or a fork or even your hands. It should be clumpy.
- Sprinkle this topping mixture over the pie filling.
- Then bake at 350F degrees for about 45-55 minutes. Topping should appear light golden brown.
- Allow the cake to cool for about 10 or 15 minutes. In a bowl, combine powdered sugar and milk.
- Start with a smaller amount of milk and then add more until it gets to the desired consistency.
- Drizzle icing all over the top of cake. Slice up and serve.
Originally published: April 2013
Updated and republished: April 2019