Peach Cobbler Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix divided use
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 2 eggs
- 2 21 oz cans peach pie filling
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
The first thing you need to do is measure out 2 cups of the cake mix. Put aside the leftover cake mix. You’ll use that later for the crumble topping.
In a mixing bowl combine the 2 cups of cake mix, along with the flour and yeast. Stir until combined.
- Then pour in warm water and stir well.
Next add eggs and stir. Batter will be pretty lumpy. It will be blob like.
Spread the mixture into your prepared baking dish. This will take you a minute to do as it is kinda stretchy because of the yeast.
Then spread both cans of pie filling on top of cake batter. Try to spread it out as evenly as possible.
In a bowl, combine the rest of the cake mix (that you set aside earlier) with the butter. I cubed the butter to help blend it in easier.
You can use a pastry cutter to combine it together or a fork or even your hands. It should be clumpy.
- Sprinkle this topping mixture over the pie filling.
Then bake at 350F degrees for about 45-55 minutes. Topping should appear golden brown.
Allow the cake to cool for about 10 or 15 minutes. In a bowl, combine powdered sugar and milk.
- Start with a smaller amount of milk and then add more until it gets to the desired consistency.
Drizzle icing all over the top of cake. Slice up and serve.