WHAT IS A PEACH COBBLER CAKE?
VIDEO INCLUDED BELOW:
CAN I USE ANY PIE FILLING FOR PEACH COBBLER CAKE?
WHY IS THERE YEAST ADDED?
HOW TO MAKE EASY PEACH COBBLER CAKE:
Originally published: April 2013
Updated and republished: April 2019
PEACH COBBLER CAKE
- 1 box yellow cake mix divided use
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 2 eggs
- 2 (21 oz) cans peach pie filling
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- The first thing you need to do is measure out 2 cups of the cake mix. Put aside the leftover cake mix. You’ll use that later for the crumble topping.
- In a mixing bowl combine the 2 cups of cake mix, along with the flour and yeast. Stir until combined.
- Then pour in warm water and stir well.
- Next add eggs and stir. Batter will be pretty lumpy. It will be blob like.
- Spread the mixture into your prepared baking dish. This will take you a minute to do as it is kinda stretchy because of the yeast.
- Then spread both cans of pie filling on top of cake batter. Try to spread it out as evenly as possible.
- In a bowl, combine the rest of the cake mix (that you set aside earlier) with the butter. I cubed the butter to help blend it in easier.
- You can use a pastry cutter to combine it together or a fork or even your hands. It should be clumpy.
- Sprinkle this topping mixture over the pie filling.
- Then bake at 350F degrees for about 45-55 minutes. Topping should appear golden brown.
- Allow the cake to cool for about 10 or 15 minutes. In a bowl, combine powdered sugar and milk.
- Start with a smaller amount of milk and then add more until it gets to the desired consistency.
- Drizzle icing all over the top of cake. Slice up and serve.