I’m using bacon pieces here, but feel free to use the bacon you enjoy. Sometimes if I fry bacon, I’ll make a double batch and use leftovers for this or sandwiches. Microwave bacon works just fine too.
Layer half of the frozen tater tots on the bottom of the slow cooker.
Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken Tater Tot CasserolePrint Pin Rate
- 1 32 oz bag frozen tater tots
- 1 3 oz bag bacon pieces
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts diced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup milk
- salt & pepper to taste
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Layer half of the frozen tater tots on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 of the bacon pieces.
- Now top with 1/3 of the shredded cheese.
- Add diced chicken on top.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Now add 1/3 of the bacon pieces and another 1/3 of shredded cheese.
- Put the rest of the frozen tater tots on top.
- Finish with the remaining 1/3 cheddar cheese and remaining 1/3 of bacon pieces.
- Pour 3/4 cup milk all over the top.
- Cover and cook on low about 4-6 hours.
Referral Links are included in this post