This is the best Ground Beef Stroganoff. It’s a flavor-filled creamy hamburger gravy that is best served over egg noodles. Budget friendly, family friendly!
HOW DO YOU MAKE GROUND BEEF STROGANOFF
Beef stroganoff. Definitely a comfort food dish. For me, it’s up on the list near fried chicken and okra. I love the humble roots of stroganoff. It isn’t pretentious, it uses simple ingredients and it is a cheap dish that can easily feed your entire family. Just some ground beef, seasonings, an easy gravy mix and boom – dinner is served!
WHAT DO YOU SERVE WITH BEEF STROGANOFF?
Over the years, I’ve sort of tweaked and twisted this recipe. This really is a combination of a few recipes combined into one and I think the result is yummy, filling and it can all be made on the stovetop. You could probably have dinner on the table within 25 minutes.
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE BEEF STROGANOFF:
Originally posted: July 2011
Update and republished: April 2019
Ground Beef Stroganoff
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced (about 1-2 cloves)
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- salt and pepper, to taste
- egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
- Bring a pot of water to boil and begin to cook egg noodles according to package directions.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, brown ground beef along with the onions and garlic until thoroughly cooked.
- Drain ground beef to remove excess grease from pan.
- Put pan back on stove over medium heat (don't add the ground beef back in yet.)
- Add butter to pan and let it melt.
- Then add flour to pan, whisk and let it absorb butter.
- Add beef broth and whisk vigorously to remove any lumps, turning the heat up to high, bringing it to a boil for 2-3 minutes until you see it thicken slightly.
- Bring temperature down to medium and whisk in sour cream and cream of mushroom soup.
- Stir until mixture is thoroughly incorporated.
- Add salt & pepper. Keep tasting mixture until it is seasoned the way you like.
- If it gets too thick, just add a tad more beef broth.
- Add ground beef back to mixture until reheated. Serve over egg noodles.
Looking for more delicious (and easy!) ground beef recipes? Try these!
LOW CARB CHEESEBURGER CASSEROLE
S.O.S. CREAMY HAMBURGER GRAVY
AMISH COUNTRY CASSEROLE
CHEESEBURGER & FRIES CASSEROLE
THE BEST CROCK POT CHILI
FRITO CHILI PIE