That’s not all!! To celebrate the National Cornbread Festival and our own Cornbread Potluck, Martha White is offering up this prize for one Country Cook reader. A Lodge Cast Iron Wedge Pan, a packet of Martha White Cornbread Mix and the official Lodge Cast Iron Cookbook. Scroll down to the end of this post to enter!
2 packs Martha White Mexican Style Cornbread Mix
1 1/3 cups milk
2 Eggland’s Best eggs
2 cans chili
Toppings: sour cream, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese
Also, there are plenty of ways to change this up! Use any of the Martha White Cornbread Mixes to change up the flavor. There’s Cotton Country Cornbread (this one is really good if you like a crispy cornbread – just skip the eggs part of this recipe), Sweet Yellow Cornbread, Yellow Cornbread, Buttermilk (skip the eggs for the Yellow and Buttermilk mixes), and now even Gluten-Free! Also, you could use a beef taco filling instead of chili! Or make it like a breakfast waffle. Use the Sweet Yellow Cornbread mix and add cooked bacon or cooked and crumbled sausage. And then serve with warm maple syrup!
- 2 packs Martha White Mexican Style Cornbread Mix
- 1⅓ cups milk
- 2 Eggland's Best eggs
- 2 cans chili
- Toppings: sour cream, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese
- Preheat your waffle iron to a medium-high setting.
- If your waffle iron has a number setting, set it to a number 4 (higher if you want a darker, crispier waffle.)
- Also at this point you will want to start heating up your chili.
- Pour both cans of chili into a covered pot and heat up until warmed through or pop it into a microwave-safe bowl and heat until warmed through.
- In a medium bowl, combine both packs of cornbread mix with eggs and milk.
- Stir well until combined.
- Once your waffle iron is heated, spray with nonstick spray.
- Pour one cup of cornbread mix onto waffle iron.
- Depending on your type of waffle iron, the light will come on or it will beep when ready.
- Once they are all cooked up, it’s time for toppings!
- Top waffles with chili, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sour cream and shredded cheese.