This easy Crock Pot Meatball and Tortellini Soup is an all-in-one slow cooker meal that is made with pre-made meatballs and cheese tortellini!
A WARM AND HEARTY SOUP
There is just something so comforting about soup and this one is so easy to throw together. And if you are experiencing hot temperatures wherever you are, then making this in a slow cooker won’t heat up your house. Also, this is a fantastic recipe to double up and take to a potluck. Just make sure your slow cooker is at least 6 quarts if you are going to double this recipe.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS SOUP:
- Feel free to use chicken or turkey meatballs in this recipe or leave them out altogether.
- If the tortellini or meatballs you purchase are fresh and not frozen, you can cut down on the cook time for this by at least and hour and a half.
- This can be made on the stovetop as well. Just use a large pot and simmer on low for about an hour or until meatballs are warmed all the way through. Add your tortellini in around the last 20 minutes of cooking.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- Italian meatballs
- cheese tortellini
- beef broth
- cannellini beans
- Italian diced tomatoes (with basil, garlic & oregano)
- Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- grated Parmesan cheese
HOW TO MAKE SLOW cOOKER MEATBALL TORTELLINI SOUP:
In a 5-quart or larger slow cooker, pour beef broth, beans (do not drain), diced tomatoes, onion, garlic, celery, Italian seasoning and frozen meatballs – then stir.
Cover and set slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours.
About 30-45 minutes before you’re ready to eat, add frozen tortellini.
Allow to cook thoroughly. Add salt & pepper to taste (I usually add about a tsp. of table salt and ½ tsp of freshly ground black pepper).
Ladle into bowls and top with grated Parmesan cheese.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
Crock Pot Meatball and Tortellini Soup
- 1 pound bag of frozen Italian meatballs
- 1 pound bag frozen cheese tortellini
- 32 ounce container beef Broth
- 15.5 ounce can cannellini beans
- 14.5 ounce can Italian diced tomatoes (with basil, garlic & oregano in it)
- 1 small yellow onion finely diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- ½ Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- grated Parmesan cheese, for topping
- Pour beef broth in slow cooker and add beans (do not drain), diced tomatoes (do not drain), onion, garlic, celery, Italian seasoning and frozen meatballs.
- Set slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours.
- About 30-45 minutes before you’re ready to eat, add frozen tortellini. Allow to cook thoroughly.
- Add salt & pepper to taste (I usually add about a tsp. of table salt and ½ tsp of freshly ground black pepper).
- Ladle into bowls and top with grated Parmesan cheese.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Originally published: August 2011
Updated & republished: May 2020