Crockpot Creamy Tortellini Sausage Stew is a thick and creamy soup that only has a few ingredients including diced tomatoes and cream cheese.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of College Inn®. The opinions and text are all mine.
CROCK POT CREAMY TORTELLINI SAUSAGE STEW
I absolutely love when there is a little bit of chill in the air! It gives me an excuse to make some yummy and filling soups and stews. A good soup does not need a ton of ingredients. Most of us are even busier than ever with work, school and after-school activities. So we still need easy, affordable and quick prep time! This recipe checks off all of those boxes.
USING THE RIGHT BROTH
Because this recipe uses only a handful of ingredients, it’s important that those ingredients have a lot of flavor. This recipe uses College Inn broth as a main ingredient! College Inn crafts a deeper, richer broth; because every detail matters. They carefully select the finest, all-natural chicken and farm-grown vegetables. Purposely blend the most flavorful herbs and spices and then finish with a long, slow simmer. The savory taste of College Inn broth is the detail that helps you make any dish and every meal scrumptious! Delicious is definitely in the details.
Every great soup begins with a great base. Layer in your favorite veggies, meats and grains with College Inn broths and stocks for a flavorful bowl the whole family will love. I am adding just a few convenient items to make this a meal-type stew.
CAN I USE ANY OTHER MEAT?
Sure can! If you’d rather substitute ground beef or chicken sausage in this, it’s easy to substitute!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
Italian sausage (sweet, mild or hot)
salt & pepper
College Inn Chicken Broth (plus more to thin stew, to preference, optional )
Italian-style diced tomatoes
frozen cheese tortellini
fresh baby spinach
HOW TO MAKE CROCK POT CREAMY TORTELLINI & SAUSAGE STEW:
Brown and crumble ground Italian sausage. Season with salt and pepper. Drain excess grease. Place cooked sausage into the bottom of a 4-quart crock pot.
Pour in College Inn Chicken Broth.
Add in Italian diced tomatoes. Then pour into crock pot. Top with chunks of cream cheese.
Sprinkle Italian seasoning and garlic powder onto soup mixture. Top with frozen cheese tortellini and baby spinach.
Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
Uncover and stir well. If cream cheese isn’t fully melted, cover and allow to cook for additional 20 minutes. Also, at this point, if the stew is too thick for your preference, then pour in additional College Inn Chicken Broth until you reach desired thickness/thin-ness.
Then serve! Top with shredded Parmesan cheese (optional.)
CROCK POT CREAMY AND TORTELLINI SAUSAGE STEW
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage mild or hot
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 32 oz container College Inn Chicken Broth
- 2 14.5 oz cans Italian-style diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 19 oz bag frozen cheese tortellini
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- shredded Parmesan cheese for topping (optional)
- Brown and crumble ground Italian sausage. Season with salt and pepper. Drain excess grease. Place cooked sausage into the bottom of a 4-quart crock pot.
- Pour in College Inn Chicken Broth.
- Add in Italian diced tomatoes. Then pour into crock pot. Top with chunks of cream cheese.
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning and garlic salt onto soup mixture. Top with frozen cheese tortellini and baby spinach.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Uncover and stir well. If cream cheese isn't fully melted, cover and allow to cook for additional 20 minutes.
- Then serve! Top with shredded Parmesan cheese (optional).