This Italian Tortellini Skillet Dinner is a warm stovetop pasta. Fresh tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasonings, pepperoni and cheese tortellini!
A DELICIOUSLY EASY ONE PAN MEAL
I love the fresh flavor of this recipe. Fresh tomatoes and garlic are one of my favorite combination of flavors. Then when you add in the Italian seasonings, cheese tortellini and pepperoni, it becomes a filling and satisfying meal! Your house will smell absolutely amazing! It’s also wonderful meal if you have fresh tomatoes from your garden. It whips up fast and is a perfect weeknight meal that everyone will love. Feel free to use fresh basil or oregano if you have it. Bonus: it’s all made in one skillet!
WHAT CAN I SERVE WITH THIS SKILLET DINNER?
This really is a meal in one. However, I have served it with a big Italian-style salad and Garlic Bread, Cheesy Garlic Bread or even maybe try your hand at Homemade Olive Garden Breadsticks. If you want more veggies, you could always serve with some Italian Style Green Beans.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- cheese tortellini pasta
- olive oil
- garlic cloves
- grape tomatoes
- dried basil
- dried oregano
- Italian seasoning
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese
HOW TO MAKE ITALIAN TORTELLINI SKILLET:
First cook your cheese tortellini according to package directions. Drain well and set aside. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion until translucent.
Add in tomatoes, stir and cook for a couple of minutes until tomatoes start to soften. Then stir in the garlic just until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
Add remaining ingredients (seasonings, pepperoni and cooked cheese tortellini), stir well and cook for about 5 more minutes (until everything is warmed and heated through.)
Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Itallian Tortellini Skillet (+Video)
- 8 ounce package 3-cheese tortellini pasta cooked
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 5 ounce package sliced pepperoni, cut into strips
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried basil
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Cook cheese tortellini according to package directions. Drain well and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion until translucent.
- Add in tomatoes, cook for a couple of minutes or until they start to soften.
- Stir in garlic. Cook for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Finally, add remaining ingredients (pepperoni, seasonings and cooked tortellini).
- Stir well and cook for about 5 more minutes (until everything is warmed and heated through).
- Top each serving with grated or shredded Parmesan cheese.
- If you prefer, you could also add some other protein to this dish like cooked ground beef or Italian sausage.
- Pasta sauce or Alfredo sauce can be added.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Updated & republished: March 2020