Pumpkin Pie Magic Cake only has 5 ingredients but it tastes completely homemade! It tastes like it is part pumpkin pie and part spice cake! Topped with vanilla frosting.
PUMPKIN PIE MAGIC CAKE
Pumpkin pie cake is a great combo. of both pie AND cake! I adapted this recipe from my PUMPKIN PIE DUMP CAKE. Instead of sprinkling the cake mix on top and pouring on the butter, I wondered what would happen if I just mixed it all together. And boy, was it one of the best fall desserts I have tasted in a LONG time!
PART PIE/PART CAKE
I made it super easy by using canned Pumpkin Pie Mix and it only has 5 ingredients but I swear it tastes homemade! It is not super sweet at all and it really tastes exactly like a cake and a pie did a little hanky panky and out came the yummiest creation! If you have a crowd over at Thanksgiving, this might be the perfect dessert to serve. It will easily make 12 servings and you can make it the night before!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- pumpkin pie mix
- spice cake mix
- vanilla frosting
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN PIE MAGIC CAKE:
Preheat oven to 350f degrees. Lightly spray the bottom only of a 9x13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a stand mixer, (or large mixing bowl) mix together pumpkin pie mix and eggs.
Then mix in cake mix and melted butter. Mix slowly at first so the cake mix doesn't fly everywhere - been there, done that 😉 Mix this together for at least 2 minutes to make sure the batter is fully incorporated.
Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
Bake for about 45-55 minutes (center of the cake shouldn't be jiggly).
Allow cake to cool completely then spread the frosting on top.
Cut into 12 squares and serve! You could even top each square with these candy corn pumpkins.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES LIKE THIS ONE?
PUMPKIN PIE MAGIC CAKE
- 1 (30 oz) can pumpkin pie mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 cup salted butter (2 sticks) melted
- 1 container white or vanilla frosting
- Preheat oven to 350f degrees.
- Lightly spray the bottom only of a 9x13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a stand mixer, (or large mixing bowl) mix together pumpkin pie mix and eggs.
- Then mix in cake mix and melted butter. Mix for a full 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish and bake for about 45-55 minutes (center of the cake shouldn't be jiggly.)
- Allow cake to cool completely then spread the frosting on top.
- Cut into 12 squares and serve!
Originally published: October 2016
Updated & republished: September 2019