Peanut Butter Bomb Cake
Peanut butter for the win
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup peanut butter, divided use
- 1 tub chocolate frosting
- 5-6 Nutter Butter cookies, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine cake with with water, oil, eggs and 1 cup of peanut butter.
- Stir until combined well.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish and bake for about 23-28 minutes.
- A toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake should come out clean when cake is done.
- Allow cake to cool completely before frosting.
- Then in a medium bowl, combine chocolate frosting with leftover (1/4 cup) peanut butter.
- Stir until combined.
- Spread frosting onto cooled cake.
Place 4 or 5 cookies (more if you like lots of cookies) into a ziploc bag. And crush the cookies using a heavy object like a rolling pin.
- Sprinkle crushed cookies onto cake.
- Slice and serve.