This Peanut Butter Bomb Cake is a peanut butter (and chocolate!) lovers dream! It all starts with a boxed cake mix! So good and so moist!
A PEANUT BUTTER LOVER’S CAKE!
I love peanut butter. Ok wait, I should clarify that. I love peanut butter in sweets. Peanut butter cookies, peanut butter frosting, peanut butter bars, and of course, peanut butter cake. Funny thing is, I don’t really eat much peanut butter outside of that except for the occasional peanut butter and celery.
CAN I USE A PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING INSTEAD?
Absolutely! I have a delicious homemade peanut butter frosting that I use for my Reese’s Peanut Butter Cake that would work great on this cake! I love peanut butter in sweets. And in this cake, it makes the cake so moist and delicious. Honestly, the cake is so good all by itself. The frosting is just a bonus!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (SEE RECIPE CARD BELOW FOR THE FULL RECIPE)
- yellow cake mix
- vegetable oil
- creamy peanut butter
- chocolate frosting
- Nutter Butter cookies
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER BOMB CAKE:
Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. In a bowl, combine cake with with water, oil, eggs and 1 cup of peanut butter. Stir until combined well (it’s okay if it’s a little lumpy.)
Pour batter into prepared baking dish and bake for about 23-28 minutes.
A toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake should come out clean when cake is done.
Allow cake to cool completely. Then in a medium bowl, combine chocolate frosting with leftover (1/4 cup) peanut butter. Stir until combined.
Spread frosting onto cooled cake. For the topping you can use Nutter Butter Cookies. Place 4 or 5 cookies (more if you like lots of cookies) into a ziploc bag. And crush the cookies using a rolling pin or other heavy object. Sprinkle crushed cookies onto cake.
Then slice and serve.
CRAVING MORE EASY DESSERT RECIPES?
Peanut Butter Bomb Cake (+Video)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray a 9×13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine 15.25 ounce box yellow cake mix, 1 1/4 cups water, 1/4 cup vegetable oil, 3 large eggs and 1 cup creamy peanut butter. Stir until combined well.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish and bake for about 23-28 minutes.
- A toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake should come out clean when cake is done. Allow cake to cool completely before frosting.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 tub chocolate frosting with 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter. Stir until combined.
- Spread frosting onto cooled cake.
- Place 5-6 Nutter Butter cookies (more if you like lots of cookies) into a ziploc bag. And crush the cookies using a heavy object like a rolling pin. Sprinkle crushed cookies onto cake.
- Slice and serve.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Originally published: April 2013
Updated & republished: August 2019