Have you ever had Ben & Jerry’s Chubby Hubby ice cream? Oh boy, that stuff is good y’all. They don’t call it Chubby Hubby for nuthin. It’s vanilla ice cream with chocolate and peanut butter and pretzels. It is creamy and sweet with a hint of saltiness from the pretzels. If you like that combination of flavors then you are sure to love these bars. They are basically chocolate chip cookie bars with peanut butter and pretzels added. I took a few samples into work to see what the gang there thought and it got a big thumbs up across the board so I knew this would be a great one to share with y’all.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. table salt
3/4 cups butter (1 1/2 sticks), room temperature
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups, semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
1 1/2 cups chopped pretzels, divided
1/2 cup peanut butter chips
Chubby Hubby Bars
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks) room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips divided use
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pretzels divided use
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray (I like the kind that has flour in it.)
- Put your pretzels in a sealable bag, and chop them up (roughly). I just pound mine with a rolling pin.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Using a mixer, beat together butter, light brown sugar and white sugar at medium speed.
- Mix until combined and fluffy.
Add in eggs, vanilla and peanut butter.
- On low speed, slowly add in your flour mixture just until it is incorporated into the batter.
Now add in 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 cup chopped pretzels. Stir this mixture up with a spoon, batter will be very stiff.
- Spread batter into baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together your remaining toppings, 1/2 cup chopped pretzels, 1/4 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup peanut butter chips.
- Sprinkle mixture over top of batter.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.