Peanut Butter Pie (+Video)
With only a small number of ingredients, this Peanut Butter Pie is a delicious no-bake dessert that will satisfy your chocolate and peanut butter cravings!
A NO BAKE PEANUT BUTTER PIE RECIPE
I think peanut butter and chocolate go hand-in-hand with one another. They are two of my favorite flavor combinations ever. This Peanut Butter Pie has been one of my favorite recipes for the longest time. This recipe is super simple to make and it is a no-bake recipe which makes it even better. The hardest part about this recipe is waiting for it to set up but it’s totally worth it in the end. So if your peanut butter and chocolate craving is calling, then this is just the pie that you need!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
You absolutely can use Cool Whip whipped topping to make peanut butter pie. It will turn out just fine with whipped topping. Just leave out the heavy cream in this recipe.
Peanut Butter Pie is like a creamy peanut butter cheesecake that has an Oreo cookie crust.
Yes! Since it has to sit to set up anyways this is the perfect pie to make the day ahead. It’s always nice to have a dessert ready to go when you are.
That shouldn’t be a problem, if you want to add a little texture in the peanut butter portion itself. We like creamy to get that smooth silky effect, but we have tried crunchy and it works great.
This can be stored covered in the refrigerator where it will last for up to 4 days.
Yes, peanut butter pie can be frozen. Wrap in plastic wrap and then foil and it will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. To defrost, remove to refrigerator until soft enough to cut.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- Oreo cookies
- salted butter
- heavy whipping cream
- cream cheese
- powdered sugar
- creamy peanut butter
- vanilla extract
HOW TO MAKE A PEANUT BUTTER PIE:
Place the Oreos in a food processor and process until they are fine crumbs.
Stream in the butter while pulsing.
Press this into the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate. Make sure to really pack in the crumbs, I like to use the bottom of a flat measuring cup to do this. Place the pie plate into the freezer for 30 minutes.
Place the heavy cream in a large bowl and whip to stiff peaks, set aside.
Place the cream cheese into a large bowl and whip with an electric hand mixer until smooth.
Add the peanut butter and whip until smooth.
Add the powdered sugar a little at a time with the vanilla until combined.
Fold in the whipped cream until there are no streaks left.
Pour the peanut butter mixture into the crust and smooth out the top. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours until set or overnight.
Slice and serve with your favorite toppings.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
Peanut Butter Pie (+Video)
For the crust:
- 24 Oreo cookies
- 4 tablespoons salted butter melted
For the Filling:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese (1 block) softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place the Oreos in a food processor and process until they are fine crumbs.
- Stream in the butter while pulsing.
- Press this crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate. Make sure to really pack in the crumbs, I like to use the bottom of a flat measuring cup to do this.
- Place the pie plate into the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Place the cream cheese into a large bowl and whip with an electric hand mixer until smooth.
- Add the peanut butter and whip until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar a little at a time with the vanilla extract until combined.
- Place the heavy cream in a large bowl and whip to stiff peaks, set aside. This is easiest with an electric hand mixer.
- Fold in the whipped cream until there are no white streaks left.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture into the crust and smooth out the top. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours until set or overnight. Slice and serve with your favorite toppings.
- This can be frozen, see my tips above.
- If you want a texture contrast try using crunchy peanut butter.
- This needs to chill for at least 4 hours if not overnight, so it makes a great make ahead dessert.
- Top with any of your favorite toppings, see some of my suggestions above.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
I used an Oreo pie crust I already had on hand. Otherwise, I followed all other instructions. This recipe is definitely one to keep and make again. Very creamy and light and so decadent! A great dessert recipe to serve to company or for a special event. I drizzled chocolate syrup and used whipped topping right before serving. It was an immediate hit. Please try this recipe and you’ll be surprised how often your recipe for it will be requested to share. Thank you Brandie for another successful 5 star recipe!
Thank you SO much for such a wonderful comment! I am so happy everyone enjoyed this one!!