Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cake starts with a yummy chocolate boxed cake mix and topped with the most amazing Reese’s peanut butter frosting!
CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING
TIPS FOR MAKING RESSE’S PEANUT BUTTER CUP CAKE:
I like to use margarine in the frosting for this recipe for one main reason. Because of the high vegetable oil content in margarine, I found it helps to keep this frosting soft and creamy. But if you are just totally adverse to using margarine, please feel free to use real butter. Also, if you cannot find the Reese’s peanut butter, just use your favorite creamy peanut butter, it will still come out amazing!
HOW TO MAKE REESE’S PEANUT BUTTER CUP CAKE:
Originally published: February 2013
Updated & republished: August 2019
REESE'S PEANUT BUTTER CUP CAKE
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- ingredients needed to make cake mix; eggs, oil and water
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup Reese's creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Prepare cake as directed on the back of the box.
- Then let it cool completely.
- Once cake has cooled, begin making frosting.
- In a mixing bowl, combine softened margarine and peanut butter. Mix until smooth.
- If using a stand mixer, make sure you scrape down the sides of your bowl occasionally.
- Add in powdered sugar and mix until combined.
- Then add in milk and vanilla extract.
- Mix again until combined.
- Then start frosting the cake. Try not to yank it across your moist cake. Be soft handed and lightly spread.
- Slice and serve.
CRAVING MORE DESSERT RECIPES? YOU MUST TRY THESE!
PEANUT BUTTER BOMB CAKE
PEANUT BUTTER RICE KRISPIES TREATS
CHUBBY HUBBY BARS
REESE’S PEANUT BUTTER FLUFF
DARK CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH GINGERBREAD FROSTING
CHOCOLATE MAYONNAISE CAKE WITH BROWN SUGAR FROSTING
CROCK POT CHOCOLATE SPOON CAKE