Instant Pot Spinach Artichoke Chicken (+Video)
Instant Pot Spinach Artichoke Chicken recipe is a keto and low carb recipe that is a a creamy whole meal in one and only takes minutes to make!
AN EASY ONE POT DINNER
This instant pot spinach artichoke chicken is an absolute must-have for dinner! It’s the perfect addition to your favorite pasta and boy is it creamy and delicious! I love pasta so much I might as well be Italian haha! So trust me when I say this spinach artichoke chicken is the PERFECT addition. You and your whole family are going to love this spinach artichoke chicken recipe – guaranteed!
KETO DIET AND LOW CARB FRIENDLY
I love easy dinners as much as the next person and boy does the instant pot help me do just that! If you don’t have an instant pot yet, you NEED to get one – you’ll wonder how you ever survived without it! We are always running to ours as it makes dinner so easy. This easy spinach artichoke chicken is no exception! I love how easy this recipe is and how quickly I can have dinner on the table – especially with these summer months ahead of us. You are going to LOVE this spinach artichoke chicken recipe!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- chicken breast
- fresh spinach
- artichoke hearts
- cream cheese
- heavy cream
- Parmesan cheese
- mozzarella cheese
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT SPINACH ARTICHOKE CHICKEN:
Before you get started, get your ingredients rounded up so you’re not running around the kitchen like a crazy person.
Set the instant pot on sauté mode and drizzle the bottom with olive oil. Cook the chicken roughly 2-3 minutes, until browned.
Add the artichokes and seasonings and mix well. Cook another 2-3 minutes.
Press cancel on the instant pot and set to “keep warm”.
Stir in the heavy cream, cheeses, and spinach.
Replace the cover and hold on “keep warm” for 10 minutes. We’ve found that the “keep warm” setting melts cheeses perfectly while keeping everything hot since the instant pot typically doesn’t handle dairy well unless on a low setting.
Stir every 5 minutes until mixture is smooth and creamy.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
INSTANT POT ITALIAN STUFFED PEPPERS
INSTANT POT GARLIC MASHED POTATOES
INSTANT POT CRACK CHICKEN
SPINACH ARTICHOKE PULL-APART BREAD
Instant Pot Spinach Artichoke Chicken
- 1 pound chicken breast, cubed
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 can artichoke hearts, diced
- 4 ounces cream cheese (1/2 block), cubed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- olive oil
- Set the instant pot on sauté mode and drizzle the bottom with olive oil. Cook the chicken roughly 2-3 minutes, until browned.
- Add the artichokes and seasonings and mix well. Cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Press cancel on the instant pot and set to “keep warm”. Stir in the heavy cream, cheeses, and spinach.
- Replace the cover and hold on “keep warm” for 10 minutes. We’ve found that the “keep warm” setting melts cheeses perfectly while keeping everything hot since the instant pot typically doesn’t handle dairy well unless on a low setting.
- Stir every 5 minutes until mixture is smooth and creamy. Serve and enjoy!
- This dish can be held on “keep warm” for up to an hour as long as you stir it periodically.
- This is obviously easily made on the stove top. You pretty much follow the same directions – reducing the heat as necessary.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
I really am unhappy that so many of the “creamy” Instant Pot recipes call for cream cheese, which I’m not a big fan of. Can it be skipped in this recipe or is there a reasonable substitution?
That’s a good question. I love cream cheese and my family (who are not fans) actually like it in these recipes since you don’t taste it as a separate ingredient. Is it the tang you don’t like? Or the texture? I suppose you could use a really creamy cheese (like white American cheese or mozzarella.) 🙂
The taste of it is fine, but I find it to be too rich. I don’t like but a bite of cheesecake for the same reason. More than a bite or two and my stomach feels yucky for hours.
Wow, this was really good!! We had it with egg noodles on the side. Delicious!!
Did you marinated artichoke hearts?
You can use the jarred marinated artichoke hearts or plain. I like the marinated but it’s totally your preference!
This looks great! I will try this one!
So it’s served over pasta?
Nope! It’s served all by itself! It’s filling just as it is. However, if you want to “carb it up” a bit, you could certainly serve with noodles or pasta! 🙂