How to make Crock Pot Mexican Shredded Beef
Why use a slow cooker
How to make:
Then pour in 1 cup of water. No need to stir.
Crock Pot Mexican Shredded Beef
- 1 (2-3 pound) chuck roast
- 1 (1.5 oz) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (16 oz) jar salsa
- 1 cup water
- 1 (8 oz) jar taco sauce
- Place roast on a large piece of plastic wrap.
- Sprinkle entire packet of taco seasoning over chuck roast.
- Make sure all sides get coated. Rub it in to ensure good coating.
- Wrap up roast with plastic wrap.
- Then wrap in aluminum foil.
- Put it in the refrigerator overnight (or for at least 2 hours but overnight is best).
- The next morning, place the marinated roast into a 4-6 quart slow cooker.
- Pour jar of salsa over the roast. Then pour in 1 cup of water.
- Cover and cook on low for about 8-9 hours.
- Take meat out and shred with a fork. It should be very tender and easy to shred. Discard any fatty pieces.
- Dump out the remaining liquid that is in the slow cooker (reserve about 1/2 cup)
- Then put the shredded meat back into the slow cooker.
- Pour in jar of taco sauce and give it a good stir.
- Then cover and cook on high for 15-20 minutes until warmed through.