- 1 2-3 pound chuck roast
- 1 1.5 oz packet taco seasoning
- 1 16 oz jar salsa
- 1 cup water
- 1 8 oz jar taco sauce
- Place roast on a large piece of plastic wrap.
- Sprinkle entire packet of taco seasoning over chuck roast.
- Make sure all sides get coated.
- Rub it in to ensure good coating.
- Wrap up roast with plastic wrap.
- Then wrap in aluminum foil.
- And then pop it in your fridge overnight (or for at least 2 hours but overnight is best).
- The next morning, place your marinated roast into your slow cooker.
Pour jar of salsa over the roast. Then pour in 1 cup of water.
- Cover and cook on low for about 8-9 hours.
- Take meat out and shred with a fork. It should be very tender and easy to shred. Discard any fatty pieces.
- Dump out the remaining liquid that is in the slow cooker. (reserve about 1/2 cup in the slow cooker)
- Then put the shredded meat back into the slow cooker.
- Pour in jar of taco sauce and give it a good stir.
- Then cover and cook on high for 15-20 minutes until warmed through.
You'll need to try to plan this out ahead of time since the meat needs time to marinate.
Use at least a 5 quart slow cooker.
Serve in taco shells with your favorite toppings!