Cream Puff Dessert has a soft, puffy crust topped with a delicious vanilla pudding and all topped with whipped topping and chocolate syrup.
EASY CREAM PUFF DESSERT
CAN THIS BE MADE IN ADVANCE?
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
For the crust:
For the filling:
instant vanilla pudding
For the topping:
whipped topping (Cool Whip)
HOW TO MAKE CREAM PUFF DESSERT:
Preheat oven to 400F degrees. In a medium pan, melt butter with water.
Spread whipped topping on top of filling.
Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
Cover and refrigerate for about an hour.
Then slice and serve!
CRAVING MORE DESSERTS? TRY THESE!
CREAM PUFF DESSERT
FOR THE CRUST:
- 1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
FOR THE FILLING:
- 1 box (large) instant vanilla pudding
- 1 block (8 oz) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups milk
- For the topping:
- 1 tub (8 oz) whipped topping (Cool Whip)
- chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter with water.
- Bring to a boil (but don’t burn!) then turn off heat. If your burners stays too hot after you turn it off, you may want to remove the pan from the heat altogether.
- Add in flour and combine until it looks like a paste.
- Add in eggs. Stir mixture until completely combined. This may take a minute or two to get it completely combined.
- Spread crust into 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Bake crust for 30 minutes. Allow crust to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, mix cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in pudding, milk and vanilla extract.
- Mix until thoroughly combined and mixture begins to thicken (this may take a couple of minutes.)
- Pour filling mixture on top of cooled crust and evenly spread.
- Spread whipped topping on top of filling and drizzle with chocolate syrup.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Originally published: September 2011
Updated & republished: May 2019