Cream Puff Dessert has a soft, puffy crust topped with a delicious vanilla pudding and all topped with whipped topping and chocolate syrup.
CREAM PUFF DESSERT
VIDEO INCLUDED BELOW:
CAN THIS BE MADE IN ADVANCE?
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
For the crust:
For the filling:
instant vanilla pudding
For the topping:
whipped topping (Cool Whip)
HOW TO MAKE CREAM PUFF DESSERT:
Preheat oven to 400F degrees. In a medium pan, melt butter with water.
Spread whipped topping on top of filling.
Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
Cover and refrigerate for about an hour.
Then slice and serve!
Originally published: September 2011
Updated & republished: May 2019
CREAM PUFF DESSERT
FOR THE CRUST:
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
FOR THE FILLING:
- 1 box (large) instant vanilla pudding
- 1 block (8 oz) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups milk
- For the topping:
- 1 tub (8 oz) whipped topping (Cool Whip)
- chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- In a medium pan, melt butter with water.
- Bring to a boil (but don’t burn!) then turn off heat.
- If your burners stays too hot after you turn it off, you may want to remove the pan from the heat altogether.
- Add in flour and combine until it looks like a paste.
- Add in eggs.
- Stir mixture until completely combined.
- This may take a minute or two to get it completely combined.
- Spread crust into 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Bake crust for 30 minutes.
- Allow crust to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, mix cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in pudding,milk and vanilla extract.
- Mix until thoroughly combined and mixture begins to thicken (this may take a couple of minutes). If it is a little lumpy, that’s okay.
- Pour filling mixture on top of cooled crust and evenly spread.
- Spread whipped topping on top of filling and drizzle with chocolate syrup.
- Cover and refrigerate.