Tasty, easy and fast, these Cornflake Chicken Nuggets are a fun dinner or lunch recipe that is perfect for kids and adults alike! Serve with your favorite dipping sauce for the perfect meal!
A CRUNCHY CHICKEN NUGGET RECIPE
My family can never get enough of chicken nuggets. I'm always trying to figure out new ways to make them and testing new flavors. This Cornflake Chicken Nugget recipe is great for lunch or dinner. Serve it with some French fries or onion rings and you have yourself the perfect family-friendly meal. You don't need any oil or fryers for this recipe because they are baked! I give air fryer directions below as well! If you want to try a fun, new, crunchy, tasty recipe, you need to make these Cornflake Chicken Nuggets!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Yes! You can use boneless, skinless chicken thighs or chicken tenderloins.
No. Some other ideas include: crushed up cheez-its or crackers, potato chips, panko breadcrumbs, etc.
I like to place them in a ziploc bag and just hit them with a rolling pin. You don't need to get them too fine. A coarse texture is perfect.
Absolutely, you can season with whatever you'd like. Just mix together your favorite seasoning blend and mix it in with the crushed cornflakes.
Some options are: ketchup, honey mustard, spicy mustard, ranch, bbq sauce, etc.
Absolutely! To do that, prepare the chicken nuggets all the way up to the coating. Preheat your air fryer to 390F degrees, place chicken nuggets in the basket of the air fryer and cook for about 8 minutes until golden brown. You can flip halfway through if you'd like. These will be done when an internal kitchen thermometer reads 165 degrees F.
These can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator where they will keep for up to 2 days. These can also be frozen. To do this I like to place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place in the freezer for an hour until frozen (this is called flash freezing), then transfer to a freezer bag where they should last up to 3 months. To defrost, remove to the refrigerator overnight until thawed. Reheat using an air fryer or in the microwave.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- chicken breasts
- grated Parmesan cheese
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Italian seasoning
HOW TO MAKE CORNFLAKE CHICKEN NUGGETS:
Preheat the oven to 400F degrees and set a cooling rack on top of a large baking sheet. In a wide, shallow bowl, stir together crushed cornflakes, parmesan, salt, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and paprika. Place cornstarch in a second bowl and beaten eggs in a third bowl.
Coat chicken piece in cornstarch.
Next, dip them in the eggs.
Lastly coat in the cornflake mixture. Repeat with remaining chicken.
Transfer to the cooling rack atop the baking sheet. Lightly spray the top of the nuggets with canola oil spray.
Bake at 400F for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through, and an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Then enjoy with your favorite dipping sauces!
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? YOU MUST TRY THESE!
Cornflake Chicken Nuggets
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1” pieces
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 ½ cups plain cornflakes, crushed
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
For serving: bbq sauce, buffalo sauce, ketchup, ranch, etc
- Preheat the oven to 400F degrees and set a cooling rack on top of a large baking sheet.
- In a wide, shallow bowl, stir together crushed cornflakes, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and paprika.
- Place cornstarch in a second bowl and beaten eggs in a third bowl.
- Coat chicken piece in cornstarch.
- Next, dip them in the eggs.
- Lastly coat in the cornflake mixture. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Transfer to the cooling rack atop the baking sheet. Lightly spray the top of the nuggets with canola oil spray.
- Bake at 400F for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through, and an internal temperature of 165F degrees.
- Putting a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet allows air to circulate all around the nuggets to help all sides get crispy. If you don't have a cooling rack, just use a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- You can use chicken tenderloins or boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead.
- These can be frozen, see above how to do that.
- These can be made in the air fryer, see above on how to do that.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.