These adorable Beach Party Cupcakes are decorated with ocean blue frosting, crushed graham cracker sand, cocktail umbrellas and teddy grahams (and they’re easier to make than you think!)
FUN CUPCAKES FOR ANY BEACH PARTY THEME
Are you looking for a fun and unique way to celebrate your next beach party? Look no further than these super cute Beach Party Cupcakes! These cupcakes are easy to make and will definitely be a hit at any beach or pool party. They are so adorable that they honestly can be made and enjoyed at any summertime gathering! Plus, they taste as good as they look!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Sure, I don’t see why not! I’d make them the night before your party so that’s one less thing to worry about while prepping for your beach party. Perhaps keep them covered in the fridge so they look nice and fresh when ready to serve!
You could continue the beach theme, but swap the Teddy Grahams out for gummy sharks for Shark Week or some Swedish Fish for a fun ocean theme.
There are a couple places to look for these little things. You can check the alcohol aisle of a grocery store, a party store, or Amazon or an online retailer like that. I included a link below in the ingredient listing so you know what to look for.
Nope. You can just swirl it on with a butter knife.
Of course you can! These cupcakes are more of an idea rather than a recipe. So please use what you know you will love and enjoy. You can make these as easy or as complicated to make as you like!
These cupcakes should be stored in an airtight container and should be kept at room temperature or the fridge for up to 2-4 days.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (SEE RECIPE CARD BELOW FOR THE FULL RECIPE)
- white cake mix – I like the white cake mix because it really makes the blue frosting stand out but you could certainly use a yellow cake mix or French vanilla cake mix.
- egg whites, oil and water – you’re going to follow the back of the box directions for making cupcakes. Using egg whites only keeps the cupcakes white.
- vanilla frosting – you can use a storebosugh frosting like I did or you can make your own.
- blue gel food coloring – we’re going for ocean blue here so you’re going to add a bit of food coloring at a time until you get the desired color of blue.
- crushed graham crackers – you can buy graham crackers already crushed or you can easily crush them up your self.
- Teddy Grahams – you can use any flavor for the Teddy Grahams. I used the honey flavor.
- Life Saver Gummies (paid affiliate link) – if you are serving these to young kids, I would not add these on top as they are a choking hazard. Use your judgement on age appropriateness.
- cocktail umbrellas (paid affiliate link) – As I said above, if you are serving to young kids, please don’t add them. You don’t want kids accidentally poking themselves or others. Use your judgement on age appropriateness. These cupcakes still look adorable without them!
HOW TO MAKE BEACH PARTY CUPCAKES
Prepare white cake mix according to the package instructions (with egg whites, oil and water) for cupcakes. Bake cupcakes according to package directions and allow them to cool completely on a wire rack.
While the cupcakes cool, mix together the vanilla buttercream frosting and a few drops of blue food coloring until you reach your desired shade of blue. Frost the cooled cupcakes with a frosting knife or pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes. Sprinkle half of the tops of the cupcakes with the crushed graham crackers to create a beach look.
Decorate the cupcakes by placing cocktail umbellas on the “beach” side, and sticking teddy bear graham crackers into the Lifesaver gummy rings and placing on the water side. Serve and enjoy!
CRAVING MORE RECIPES?
Beach Party Cupcakes
- 15.25 ounce box white cake mix
- ingredients needed to make cake: egg whites, oil and water
- 16 ounce tub vanilla frosting
- blue gel food coloring
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers
- Teddy Grahams (graham cracker cookies)
- Life Saver Gummies
- cocktail umbrellas
- Prepare white cake mix according to the package instructions for cupcakes.
- Bake cupcakes according to package directions and allow them to cool completely on a wire rack.
- While the cupcakes cool, mix together the vanilla buttercream frosting and a few drops of blue food coloring until you reach your desired shade of blue.
- Frost the cooled cupcakes with a frosting knife or pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes.
- Sprinkle one half of the tops of the cupcakes with the crushed graham crackers to create a beach look.
- Decorate the cupcakes by placing cocktail umbrellas on the “beach” side, and sticking teddy bear graham crackers into the Life Saver Gummy rings and placing on the "water" side. Serve and enjoy!
- Please refer to my FAQ’s and ingredient list above for other substitutions or for the answers to the most common questions.
- You can use a yellow cake mix or vanilla cake mix instead of the white cake mix.
- Store cupcakes in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 2-4 days.
- Can be made the night before.
- Try swapping the bears with sharks for a fun shark week theme, or place a swedish fish on the water side for a cute ocean theme.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.