Crock Pot BBQ Beef Brisket
- 3 lb beef brisket
- FOR THE RUB:
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp celery seeds
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- Combine the rub ingredients in a small bowl; chili powder, garlic powder, celery seed & pepper.
- Rub onto the meat.
- Make sure you rub it in good and all over the meat.
- Cover it in plastic wrap and pop it in the fridge overnight to really deepen the flavors.
- If you don't have time to do that, don't worry, this will still give your meat great flavor.
- Place brisket into bottom of the crock pot.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients and stir together well.
- Pour sauce all over the brisket, coating evenly.
Cover and cook on low for about 6-8 hours.
- Remove meat and cut the brisket across the grain, making thin slices.
Drizzle a bit of the liquid that is left in the slow cooker on top of the cuts of meat. When you cut across the grain, it gives you a tender cut of meat.