This Bananas Foster Poke Cake starts with a cake mix with bananas and caramel added and topped with whipped cream and Biscoff cookies!
BANANAS FOSTER POKE CAKE
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS POKE CAKE:
- This cake is topped crushed Biscoff cookies on top to get some of that cinnamon flavor added to the party. If you haven't had Biscoff cookies yet, then I'm telling ya that you need to try these! They are easily found at most major grocery stores these days in the cookie aisle. Just check out my ingredient image below so you can see what the package looks like. If you can't find them, just use cinnamon graham crackers.
- As I said above, if you want that full Bananas Foster experience, try adding a bit of rum or rum extract in with the caramel sauce.
1 box butter golden cake mix (or yellow)
4-5 ripe bananas, sliced
1 (3.4 oz.) package instant banana cream pudding
1 cup cold milk
1 (8 oz.) container Cool Whip, thawed
8-10 Biscoff cookies, crushed
additional caramel sauce (for garnish)
HOW TO MAKE BANANAS FOSTER POKE CAKE:
Once cake has cooled, top with sliced bananas.
In a medium bowl, combine instant banana cream pudding with 1 cup milk.
Whisk until smooth and starting to thicken.
Then add in Cool Whip. Stir together gently until combined.
Then spread topping on top of banana layer.
CARROT PUDDING POKE CAKE
CINNAMON ROLL POKE CAKE
HOMEMADE BUTTER RUM BLONDIES
BANANA CAKE WITH VANILLA FROSTING
BANANAS FOSTER POKE CAKE
- 1 box butter golden cake mix
- ingredients needed to make cake: butter, eggs and water
- 1 (12 oz) jar caramel sauce
- 4-5 ripe bananas sliced
- 1 (3.4 oz) package instant banana cream pudding
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 (8 oz) container COOL WHIP thawed
- 8-10 Biscoff cookies crushed
- additional caramel sauce for garnish
- Prepare cake according to package directions for a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Once it comes out of the oven (while still warm), poke several holes all over the top of the cake using a meat fork or other similar-sized object.
- Pour caramel sauce evenly over cake making sure the caramel sauce gets into the holes.
- Spread sauce around and into the holes (using an offset spatula or a butter knife).
- Now, at this point, you need to allow the cake to cool completely.
- Once cake has cooled, top with sliced bananas.
- In a medium bowl, combine instant banana cream pudding with 1 cup milk.
- Whisk until smooth and starting to thicken.
- Then add in Cool Whip.
- Stir together gently until combined.
- Then spread topping on top of banana layer.
- Place Biscoff cookies in a Ziploc bag and crush them up using a rolling pin or other heavy object.
- Then sprinkle cookie crumbs all over the top of the cake.
- Slice and serve.
Be sure to refrigerate leftovers.