1.5 lbs. Baby Boomer Creamer Potatoes
1/2 lb. bacon (sliced into fourths)
3 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. garlic and herb seasoning
kosher salt & fresh black pepper, for seasoning
1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup sliced green onions
You want the bacon crispy and the potatoes should be fork tender.
Serve the sour cream dip with a spoon so guests can help themselves.
- 1.5 lbs Baby Boomer Creamer Potatoes
- 1/2 lb bacon sliced into fourths
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp garlic and herb seasoning
- kosher salt and fresh black pepper for seasoning
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- Get a pot of water boiling on the stove.
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Place parchment paper on a large baking sheet.
- Once water begins boiling, liberally salt the water.
- Then add the creamer potatoes to the boiling water. Parboil for 3-4 minutes.
- We don't want to cook them all the way - just soften them up a bit.
- Slice the bacon while you're waiting for the potatoes.
- Turn off the heat, then drain the potatoes well and allow to cool for a few minutes before handling.
- Place them back into the pot and pour olive oil over the warm potatoes.
- Stir well.
- Then sprinkle garlic & herb seasoning over the potatoes and stir again.
- Make sure they are cool enough to handle.
- Then begin laying slices of bacon over the potatoes.
- Stick a toothpick through the bacon and potato to hold it all in place while baking. Then place on baking sheet.
- Continue with the rest of the potatoes.
- Now, season the tops of all the potatoes with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Pop the baking tray into the oven and cook for about 20-25 minutes.
- You want the bacon crispy and the potatoes should be fork tender.