Air Fryer Grilled Cheese
A how-to on making Air Fryer Grilled Cheese. It’s a new way to make a classic that is toasted up crispy with a cheesy, gooey inside!
A CLASSIC SANDWICH MADE IN THE AIR FRYER
It seems like air fryers can literally make anything – like this Air Fryer Grilled Cheese! It’s a fun change up from doing it on the stovetop and it makes the bread nice and crispy without being soggy that you can sometimes get when making it on the stovetop. It takes only 3 ingredients and you have a nice crunchy sandwich with perfectly gooey melted cheese. If you are looking for new ways to make some of your old favorites (or just enjoy experimenting with your air fryer), then you have to make this Air Fryer Grilled Cheese recipe.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Any plain bread will work for this recipe. I like to use artisan for this because it is a little sturdier but just plain off-brand white will work. Or you can use any bread of your choice.
This is why I like to use a sturdier bread. It holds in place better. But the easiest way to solve this problem is to just stick a toothpick in your sandwich.
Absolutely! There are so many great ways to make grilled cheese with different cheeses or a variety at the same time. We defaulted to American for this recipe but you can use cheddar, pepper jack, gouda, provolone, mozzarella, etc.
This makes a total of 2 sandwiches but you can easily double this for a family or halve this for just one for yourself.
Yes! Sometimes we like to add sliced meat such as ham or turkey. You can pretty much add anything that you’d like. I love a good toasted ham and cheese sandwich!
While best eaten right when it is made, you can store this in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat just place back in the air fryer for 2 minutes.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- white bread, or bread of your choice
- unsalted butter
- american cheese
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER GRILLED CHEESE:
Preheat the air fryer to 350°F for 5 minutes. Spread 1/4th of the butter on one side of one piece of bread.
Place the bread butter side down into the basket of the air fryer.
Add 3 pieces of cheese on top.
Butter another slice of bread on one side with 1/4th of the butter. Place this piece of bread on top, butter side up.
Close the air fryer and cook for 4-5 minutes until lightly golden brown, flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes until toastiness of your liking.
Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Serve with your favorite sides.
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES?
Air Fryer Grilled Cheese
- 4 slices white bread (or bread of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter very soft
- 6 slices American cheese
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F for 5 minutes.
- Spread 1/4th of the butter on one side of one piece of bread.
- Place the bread butter side down into the basket of the air fryer.
- Add 3 pieces of cheese on top.
- Butter another slice of bread on one side with 1/4th of the butter. Place this piece of bread on top, butter side up.
- Close the air fryer and cook for 4-5 minutes until lightly golden brown, flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes until toastiness of your liking.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Serve with your favorite sides.
- Use any bread of choice for this recipe!
- We do not recommend freezing leftovers.
- This can be doubled easily.
- Mix up your cheeses, see some ideas above.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.