Easy Apple Dumplings for the win!
No fuss recipe
This recipe is just so easy and you only need one apple for 4 servings or two apples for 8 servings. And the crescent rolls take on a whole nutha flavor when combined with the cinnamon and butter. My husband just loves this because he loves apple desserts and I love it because it is easy peasy!
Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray an 8-inch square pan with nonstick spray.
Peel and core apple. Cut apple into 8 slices.
Add one apple slice.
Pour butter mixture on top of crescent rolls.
Now take soda and pour it around the edges of the crescent rolls.
- 1 green apple (Granny Smith or Golden Delicious)
- 1 tube (8 oz.) crescent rolls
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon (or more, to taste)
- 1½ tbsp. flour
- ½ cup lemon lime soda (Sprite or Mountain Dew work good)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Peel and core apples.
- Cut apple into 8 slices.
- Unroll tube of crescent rolls and separate into 8 pieces.
- On each roll, sprinkle with a bit of cinnamon.
- Add one apple slice.
- Roll it up in a nice little bundle.
- Continue with next 7 rolls the same way.
- Spray an 8-inch square pan with nonstick spray.
- Place all 8 dumplins into baking dish.
- Mix together melted butter with sugar, vanilla and flour.
- Pour butter mixture on top of crescent rolls.
- Now take soda and pour it around the edges of the crescent rolls.
- Sprinkle tops with a bit more cinnamon.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 35-40 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.