These thick Twix Cookies are soft and full of chocolate and caramel flavor that taste just like the candy bar but in cookie form!
A CANDY BAR FLAVORED COOKIE
These Twix Cookies have some of my favorite flavors all rolled into one. Topped with caramel, chocolate and Twix, these are over-the-top delicious! The cookies are giant and soft with slightly crispy edges - the perfect cookie in my opinion. The flavors pair so well with one another and it is like you are eating one of your favorite candy bars but in cookie form. If you are a cookie and candy bar lover, you absolutely need to make this Twix Cookie recipe.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
The dough needs to chill for at least 30 minutes. This will help the dough not spread while baking.
I like using caramel bits so I don't have to unwrap a bunch of caramels but you can certainly use individually wrapped caramels in the same amount.
Semi-sweet chocolate balances the sweetness of these cookies but feel free to use milk chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips if you'd like.
Yes, this makes 6 large cookies. You can absolutely double this.
These can be stored in an airtight container where they will keep at room temperature for 3 days. They can also be frozen. I like to wrap each one in plastic wrap and then place in a freezer bag or container and they will keep frozen for up to 3 months. To defrost, remove to the refrigerator overnight and then to the countertop to come to room temperature.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- salted butter
- brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- caramel baking bits
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- mini Twix candy bars
HOW TO MAKE TWIX COOKIES:
In a large bowl cream together the butter and both sugars until fluffy.
Mix in the egg and vanilla extract.
Add in the flour and baking powder. Mix until just combined. The dough will be crumbly.
Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and form each portion into a ball (just until it comes together) and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Bake the cookies for 15-18 minutes. You want the edges to just be golden brown. We want the cookies to stay chewy. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes and then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Meanwhile make the toppings. In a microwave safe bowl, combine the caramels and milk. Microwave in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth. In another microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth.
Spread a spoonful of caramel on top of each cookie. Let set for 5 minutes.
Carefully add a spoonful of melted chocolate to each cookie and lightly spread it over the caramel. Top with half of a mini Twix candy bar.
Let set until the chocolate is hardened then serve!
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? YOU MUST TRY THESE!
- ½ cup salted butter, softened to room temperature
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 6 ounces caramel baking bits (about half a bag)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 mini Twix candy bars cut in half
- In a large bowl cream together the butte, brown sugar and white sugar until fluffy.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Add in the flour and baking powder. Mix just until combined. The dough will be crumbly.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and form each portion into a ball and place onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Bake the cookies for 15-18 minutes. The edges should be a light golden brown. You'll want the cookies to stay chewy.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes and then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile make the toppings. In a microwave-safe bowl combine the caramels and milk. Microwave in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth.
- In another microwave-safe bowl melt the chocolate chips in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth.
- Spread a spoonful of caramel on top of each cookie. Let set for 5 minutes.
- Carefully add a spoonful of chocolate onto each cookie and lightly spread it over the caramel. Top with half of a mini Twix candy bar.
- Let set until the chocolate is hardened then serve!
- You can easily double this recipe.
- You can use regular caramels instead of the caramel baking bits.
- These can be frozen, see above on how to do that.
- Make sure you do not forget to chill the dough.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.