Delight your taste buds with these decadent (but ridiculously easy) Strawberry Brownies! Moist and chewy with the perfect strawberry flavor!
A DELICIOUS TWIST ON A CLASSIC DESSERT
Looking for a delicious and easy dessert to make? Then you’ve come to the right place! Today, I’ll be showing off this recipe for Strawberry Brownies — a simple dessert to make using strawberry cake mix, preserves and strawberry extract for a sweet yet tart strawberry flavor. With just a handful of ingredients, this recipe is a great option for a last-minute dessert or a special treat for family and friends. The result is a dessert that looks impressive and tastes amazing – a perfect combination for any occasion!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
We used a strawberry extract to really boost the strawberry flavoring but you can swap this out for some other one that will compliment the flavors as well. Try a lemon extract, raspberry extract, or even an orange extract or just leave it out altogether.
Certainly, try adding a handful of baking chips, maybe some white chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips to the batter to add a little chocolate flavor to the brownies.
Certainly! If you double this brownie recipe, I recommend using a 9×13-inch baking dish rather than the 8×8-inch dish we normally used and you’ll need to adjust the baking time accordingly.
Yes but obviously this will give you a completely different flavor. You could use white or vanilla cake mix along with the other strawberry flavors. Or maybe even a chocolate cake mix for a chocolate covered strawberry vibe.
Leftover Strawberry Brownies should be stored in an airtight container and can be kept for up to 3 days.
Yes, you can freeze these brownies for up to 3 months in an airtight container or freezer bag.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (SEE RECIPE CARD BELOW FOR THE FULL RECIPE)
- strawberry cake mix – use your favorite, I usually go with Duncan Hines but couldn’t find it this time around so had to go with Pillsbury.
- salted butter – seems weird to use salted butter in a sweet dessert recipe but that little bit of salt adds a nice little contrast in flavor.
- strawberry extract – this really boosts the strawberry flavor but if you can’t find it, it’s ok, just leave it out.
- strawberry preserves – strawberry jam or jelly also works here.
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY BROWNIES:
Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Spray an 8×8-inch or 9×9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray then line the bottom with parchment paper, making sure it comes up at least two of the sides, and set aside (this will help with removing the brownies later.) Spraying the pan before putting in the parchment paper helps the paper stick to the pan better so it’s not moving around on ya when you go to pt the batter in.
In a large mixing bowl, mix the cake mix, eggs, melted butter, and strawberry extract until combined. The batter will be very thick.
Press the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 18-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Oven times can vary. Please look at my note in the recipe card below.
Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
Once the brownies are completely cool, prepare the glaze by adding the powdered sugar, preserves, and milk into a small bowl and whisk until combined. Pour over top the brownies and smooth evenly.
Cut into 9 large or 12 small pieces and serve!
CRAVING MORE RECIPES?
Strawberry Brownies (+Video)
For the brownies:
- 15.25 ounce box strawberry cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup salted butter, melted (or 1/3 cup oil)
- 1 teaspoon strawberry extract (see notes below)
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Spray an 8×8-inch or 9×9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray then line the bottom with parchment paper, making sure it comes up at least two of the sides, and set aside (this will help with removing the brownies later.)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the 15.25 ounce box strawberry cake mix, 2 large eggs, 1/3 cup salted butter, melted and 1 teaspoon strawberry extract until combined. The batter will be very thick.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 18-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Oven times may vary – see note below.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the brownies are completely cool, prepare the glaze by adding ¾ cup powdered sugar, 2 Tablespoons strawberry preserves and 1 ½ Tablespoons milk into a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Pour the glaze over top the brownies and smooth evenly.
- Cut into 9 large or 12 small pieces and serve!
- Please refer to my FAQ’s and ingredient list above for other substitutions or for the answers to the most common questions.
- You can double these brownies but you’ll need a 9×13-inch baking dish instead and you’ll need to adjust the baking time accordingly.
- Please note, oven times do vary with baked goods. The factor depends on many things like if you have an electric, gas or convection oven. It also changes depending if you use a metal pan versus ceramic or Pyrex. Note: I did use a metal pan for this recipe. It also varies depending on which oven rack you use. Start with the lowest baking time and go up from there. Use your best judgement based on your own personal knowledge of your particular oven.
- The baking spray helps the parchment paper stick to the pan so it doesn’t slide around or pop up when trying to spread the brownie batter around in it.
- You can store these in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.