Knock Ya Naked Brownies
Note: If you’d like to fancy them up a bit, you can dust the top with a bit of powdered sugar.
- for the cake:
- 1 box chocolate cake mix like Devil's Food
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter melted
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- for the caramel filling:
- 1 11 oz bag caramels unwrapped
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray 9 x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine cake mix, 1 cup evaporated milk and ½ cup melted butter.
- Mix until combined (batter will be thick).
- Spread HALF of the batter into the baking pan (we'll use that other half later).
- Put baking dish in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- While it is baking, start making your caramel filling.
- In a medium sauce pan, over medium heat, combine caramels with 1/3 cup evaporated milk.
- Stir frequently until caramel is melted and smooth.
- When brownie bottom is finished baking (it will only be partially baked), take out of oven and sprinkle with 2 cups chocolate chips.
- Then drizzle with prepared caramel sauce.
- Take the rest of the cake batter and drop by the teaspoonfuls onto caramel layer.
- Bake for an additional 25-30 minutes (until the center is set).
No need to be neat about spreading it out. If you want you can take your spoon or your finger and gently cover any big gaps in the topping but most of it will spread while baking.