Gooey Chocolate Caramel Brownies also known as Knock Ya Naked Brownies are made with cake mix and a delicious caramel filling!
KNOCK YA NAKED BROWNIES
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
for the brownie batter:
chocolate cake mix (I like Devil’s Food)
semi-sweet chocolate chips
for the caramel filling:
HOW TO MAKE THESE GOOEY CHOCOLATE CARAMEL BROWNIES:
GOOEY CHOCOLATE CARAMEL BROWNIES
For the brownie batter:
- 1 box Devil's Food chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the caramel filling:
- 1 11 oz bag caramels, unwrapped
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray 9 x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine cake mix, 1 cup evaporated milk and ½ cup melted butter.
- Mix until combined (batter will be thick).
- Spread HALF of the batter into the baking pan (we'll use that other half later).
- Put baking dish in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- While it is baking, start making your caramel filling.
- In a medium sauce pan, over medium heat, combine caramels with 1/3 cup evaporated milk.
- Stir frequently until caramel is melted and smooth.
- When brownie bottom is finished baking (it will only be partially baked), take out of oven and sprinkle with 2 cups chocolate chips.
- Then drizzle with prepared caramel sauce.
- Take the rest of the cake batter and drop by the teaspoonfuls onto caramel layer.
- Bake for an additional 25-30 minutes (until the center is set).