A fun Thanksgiving treat, these Pumpkin Pie Rice Krispies Treats are a fun, kid-friendly dessert that are not only cute, but flavorful and a cute addition to your dessert table!
A FUN PUMPKIN RICE KRISPIES RECIPE
I absolutely love Rice Krispies Treats! I love to play around with them and make different flavors. These Pumpkin Pie Rice Krispies Treats are a super easy and fun recipe that we love to make around the holidays. The best part is that they are kid-friendly, colorful and full of pumpkin flavor. Not only do they look like pumpkin pie, they taste like it too! Slice into little pie slices and top with some of my Homemade Cinnamon Whipped Cream and you have yourself a fun little dessert. If you are looking to get creative this holiday season, you have to make this Pumpkin Rice Krispies Treats recipe!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
No, you will only want to use pumpkin puree for this recipe. Pumpkin pie filling will be too runny and will not work.
No, if you do not like the flavor of pumpkin you can omit the maple syrup, pumpkin spice, puree and cinnamon. If you do this, add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract to each layer along with keeping the orange food coloring to keep the look of this recipe.
This uses a 9-inch pie plate. You can use regular or deep dish. I own a deep dish pie pan so that's what I used here.
No, but this is super tasty on this recipe and really gives it that "pie" effect. But if you are not a fan, you can just serve these without it or squirt on some plain whipped cream.
These can be stored in an airtight container where they will keep at room temperature for up to 2 days. These can also be frozen. Wrap the Rice Krispies Treats in plastic wrap and place in a freezer safe container or bag where they will keep for up to 6 months. To defrost, remove to the countertop until thawed.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- salted butter
- mini marshmallows
- maple syrup
- Rice Krispies
- pumpkin pie spice
- pumpkin puree
- orange food coloring
- cinnamon whipped cream, optional
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN PIE RICE KRISPIES TREATS:
Make the Rice Krispie “pie crust” first by melting the butter over low heat in a medium saucepan. Then whisk in the maple syrup until combined.
Add the mini marshmallows and stir constantly until melted.
Add in the Rice Krispie cereal and carefully fold in until completely coated.
Scrape this mixture into the outside rim of a pie dish (sprayed with non-stick cooking spray) and form a “crust” by pressing the Rice Krispie mixture into it. Set this aside to cool down a bit while you make the filling.
To make the pie filling, melt the butter over low heat. Once melted, whisk in the pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin puree and cinnamon.
Once combined, add the mini marshmallows and stir until melted.
Add the orange food coloring until you reach the desired color, gently fold in the rice krispies until completely coated.
Evenly pour the filling mixture into the center of the pie dish and press firmly into the crust to meld the two Rice Krispie layers together.
Let the rice krispie pie fully cool before slicing and serving. You can even pop it into the refrigerator for about 10 minutes before cutting.
Optional: Top each slice with a dollop of cinnamon whipped cream and enjoy!
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? YOU MUST TRY THESE!
Pumpkin Pie Rice Krispies Treats
Rice Krispie Pie Crust:
- 2 Tablespoons salted butter
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
- 2 ½ cups Rice Krispies cereal
Rice Krispie Pie Filling:
- 3 Tablespoons salted butter
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ⅛ cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 4 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- orange food coloring (use enough to reach the desired color)
- cinnamon whipped cream (optional)
Rice Krispie Pie Crust:
- Make the Rice Krispies “pie crust” first by melting the butter over low heat in a medium saucepan. Then whisk in the maple syrup until combined.
- Add the mini marshmallows and stir constantly until melted.
- Add in the Rice Krispie cereal and carefully fold in until completely coated.
- Scrape this mixture into the outside rim of a pie dish (sprayed with non-stick cooking spray) and form a “crust” by pressing the Rice Krispies mixture into it. Set this aside to cool down a bit while you make the filling.
Rice Krispie Pumpkin Pie Filling:
- To make the "pie filling", melt the butter over low heat. Once melted, whisk in the pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin puree and cinnamon.
- Once combined, add the mini marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Add the orange food coloring until you reach the desired color, gently fold in the Rice Krispies cereal until completely coated.
- Evenly pour the filling mixture into the center of the pie dish and press firmly into the crust to meld the two Rice Krispies layers together.
- Let the Rice Krispies pie fully cool before slicing and serving.
- Optional: top each slice with a dollop of cinnamon whipped cream! Then enoy!
- You do not have to make this pumpkin flavored, see alternatives above.
- These can be frozen, see above on how to do that.
- The Cinnamon Whipped Cream is optional but highly recommended.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.